matching equipment!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm like @stuartv ...I like everything black or a variation of it (grey!).

I tend to prefer Scubapro or Aqua Lung if I can get away with it because of how easy it is to service around the world. Most importantly, it has to fit well, especially wetsuits and BCs. I think the answer to your question should be based on what fits you the best, not what you think is ideal from a brand perspective.

I'm all over the place right now - Aqua Lung regs and octo, Scubapro BC, Oceanic mask, Mares fins. I love it all because it fits really well and was what I wanted.

Buy the gear that fits you and your mission. Do your research, be smart about your purchase, and look to see what extras you can get. For instance, I wanted a lifetime warranty on some of my gear, and was looking at weight reduction, so i bought a Scubapro carbon fiber regulator and MK25 black tech. I purchased a Sol as well and ordered a hydro pro BC. This way I also got a lifetime warranty on it all. Buy what works at gotta the profile and mission you're looking at. Be smart and try to buy once, cry once.

Last edited:
I have a hodge podge of different equipment. Apeks and Halcyon regs, IST backplate (both steel and ali), halcyon twinset wing, hog singles wing, santi drysuit and undersuit, halcyon suit inflate, halcyon blob, aqualung mask, oceanic mask, xsscuba turtle fins, and the list goes on. I don't match, I don't care. I buy kit that works, and normally at a decent price. I don't think I paid list for anything new, and a lot of my stuff is used.

Thanks, all.

Should we start calling it Brenglish?

Um, I think it's called "English". As much as it pains me to admit it, the folks in England did create the English language. I just wish they'd learn to spell words like "color" and "center" and such.

Feel free to match your gear by brand if you like!

On my part until someone lands me a sponsorship I'll be diving what I feel is the most suitable combination of gear/kit for the dive I am facing regardless of brand or color. I'm partial to red, mildly red/green color blind and I like watching the color shift as a rough depth guage.

We all have opinions and can talk gear till it dry rots.

Enjoy the ride!
Cameron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom