Maui bound! ...advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've booked my flight :) I'll be in Maui Nov.17 - Dec. 12 !!
Thanks for all the advice so far. I'm sure I'll have more questions closer to the time. I do want to do some boat diving, but I'll definitely be looking for shore diving buddies as well.

Charlie99:
Do try and set aside enough money for a trip to Molokini, and one to Lanai. Expensive, but you just have to hit those sites at least once during your trip.

hey Charlie... looks like great advice. I've been doing some research and Molokini looks stunning! I will absolutely have to do the 'back wall' dive!
What shop did you go with there?

I've done Ed Robinson's to the backwall and the crater. They do trips to Lanai, too... but as they leave from the Kihei boat ramp, it's a bit longer of a trip.

TheDavil:
I'd second the Maui Dive Guide suggestion. Also check out http://www.scubashack.com/map.php3 - all the Maui shore diving that's fit to print. Hover your mouse over the fish for descriptions...

HTH,
David
that web site is virtually identical to the Maui Dive Guide that MDS publishes...

DiverDebbie:
hey Charlie... looks like great advice. I've been doing some research and Molokini looks stunning! I will absolutely have to do the 'back wall' dive!
What shop did you go with there?
My favorite is Mike Severns. If they are full, then I call Ed Robinson, then B&B, then ProDiverMaui. If all of the above are busy, then I think hard about whether I really want to go diving, then call Scuba Shack and Maui Dive Shop.

While I prefer B&B I do remember when Scuba Shack was a quality outfit.

Thanks for the tips. Although everyone has their own personal preferences through great experiences they've had, I do see a bit of a trend in this, and other threads, of places to avoid. I don't want to be on a "cattle boat", and there's no excuse for bad attitudes. I think being a DM (soon to be AI :) makes me more picky :wink:
Being a web designer, I must say that Mike Severns site draws you in with that great intro. on the home page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom