Maui bound! ...advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDebbie:
A very good friend of mine is moving to Maui for a couple years. So I am seriously planning to take a 3 week vacation to visit (and dive of course!) :) She's joining her boyfriend who is already living/working there, so I will have a place to stay. I'll need to keep costs down a bit, (since I'm spending a chunk of money to go through the IDC in Sept!) so I am primarily looking to shore dive.
I'm checking out the other posts, but any advice on fav. sites would be appreciated.
I'll have my own gear with me but will of course need weights/tanks/air, so will need a shop recommendation
My friend isn't a diver, unfortunately, and my current buddy has booked another trip, so I will be looking for a buddy(s) to dive with...??? It's not that I won't pay a divemaster to show me around the sites first time, but I'm a divemaster (hopefully soon to be instructor!) so I don't think I'll need 3 weeks of DM guided dives. ok, I don't think I'll be diving every day! I intend to join her on the beach and surfing too :crafty:
I am hoping to go Nov/early Dec. How is this time of the year for diving Maui? (does it make much difference there?)

thanks for any advice/tips! I'm haven't been tropical diving since Aus. last year so I'm super excited about warm water and decent viz :D

Hope you have a great trip. Can you fill us in when you return? I'd like to take a trip back to Hawaii, and do some diving this time. Any tipes would be appreciated!

This is my first time on this board, so Hi everyone.

I have a problem I need help with. I am going to cruise the Hawai'ian islands and I want to dive again in Lahaina, Maui. My problem is that the cruise line conflicted out my usual dive shop, Lahaina Divers, and the distance to Kihei conflicted out Maui Dive Shop with the weird arrival and departure times. Does anyone have any recommendations on another dive shop I can contact in Lahaina?

Thanks.

I have not used them yet but have an appointment with Extended Horizons in late September. They came highly recommended from a post I made earlier.

Jeffl:
This is my first time on this board, so Hi everyone.

I have a problem I need help with. I am going to cruise the Hawai'ian islands and I want to dive again in Lahaina, Maui. My problem is that the cruise line conflicted out my usual dive shop, Lahaina Divers, and the distance to Kihei conflicted out Maui Dive Shop with the weird arrival and departure times. Does anyone have any recommendations on another dive shop I can contact in Lahaina?

Thanks.

For an LDS you might check out Pacific Dive - http://www.pacificdive.com they use Extended Horizon along with a couple of others for charters, but are a good op to go through. They are also well respected for their guided shore dives on this end of the island (down south give Shaka Divers a call)

Aloha, Tim

Ed Rebolledo:
Aloha Diver Debbie

I've already met with a couple of visiting scubaboard members. It was indeed a pleasure. I especially enjoyed the night dives at Black Rock. I'm always open to night dive's and shore dives on my days off, and as always weather and conditions permitting. PM me when you arrive also. The good thing about Hawaii is that Diving is a year round activity.

Keep Diving
kidspot:
I leave December 12th ... so looks like I'll be around to do some diving with ya' -

Aloha, Tim

Aloha Tim, Ed... I know it's still 7 weeks away (less than 50 days now according to the counter!) ...but just thought I'd give you an update. My boyfriend is now joining me in the middle of my trip :D I fly in on the 17th so hopefully I can get out diving with you guys before he arrives a week later. At which point you're more than welcome to join us for more dives. During his 10 days there we'll do boat trips to Molokini at least once and Lanai. They seem to be the 2 top spots? Then he leaves on the 5th and I have another week solo to do more diving. Ya, sure we'll do sight-seeing on dry land too, but I'm sure we'll want to get lots of dives in. I can hardly wait! :)
Please PM me sometime before then with a contact number. Mahalo :)

Back
Top Bottom