May 05 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For all of mine read 32% unless otherwise specified.

5/14 and 5/15 Malibu Road
depth 27'
Surge -- yep
waves 1'-2'
vis, Saturday 5' Sunday 5'-8'
Water temp at depth 55 degrees
Water temp at surface 57 degrees
Dive times: 42 min and 66 min (air on Sunday)

There is a lot of surge keeping the bottom stirred up but it is starting to settle out about 20'. Large schools of Opal Eye and Sargo perch today. Welks mating and the usual suspects. Great to get in an early morning dive.

Maybe next week there will be some real vis.

Jerry

Date: 5/15/5
Dive Location:Deadman's Reef, Crescent Bay
Time: 8:20 am ish
Bottom Time: 1:12
Max Depth: 52
Vis: 8, maybe 12 in a few places
Wave height: 1-3'
Temp at depth: Brrrrrr......54F at depth, 58F above
(felt like someone peed when we went above 30')
Surface Temp: toasty outside...tanning weather, even!
Tide information: low
Comments: I was on a EAN 41.5, BTW...for anyone who cares. Why do we care, anyway? Why do you care IcediverinCA?

Went out with the SCD. Dove with my number one dive buddy Cindy! Vrry green water (yuck...more sperm and eggs, I think) We circumnavigated around deadman's. Saw the usual supect's...lots of Garibaldi guarding nests, they must be used to people doing the sea urchin in the nest thing, 'cuz they al looked at us divers like "oh, yeah, like we haven't seen this before..." Found one 3-4 foot moray. Cindy fed it a scallop, and got to come out all the way. Very cool!

The top of the reef was VERY surgy and the bottom along the sand was very DARK. I didn't know those were opposites? *batting eyelashes*

scubalaurel:
Found one 3-4 foot moray. Cindy fed it a scallop, and got to come out all the way. Very cool!

Ever see what happens to the human face when biten by a moray? I have. I don't feed them any more.

Terry

IceDiverInCA:
Can you also include Gas Mix?
Sure,
Refried beans, black cherries, black lickerish pickled eggs, beer and old age......Oh you meant breathing gas, sure too late for this month but will do next month.

Date: 5/15/05
Dive Location: Three Fingers, Kelp Beds
Time: 10:28am
Bottom Time: 36 mins
Max Depth: 68 ft
Vis: 15ft
Wave height: Hardly any swell
Temp at depth: A chilly 51F
Comments: My first ever dive from a Zodiac. Went out with Bill and Rich from DASC. Takes a little getting use to working in such a small space but it was not as difficult as I had expected. For our first dive we headed to Three Fingers. A popular spot, not only was there at least one other private dive boat but also numerous small pleasure craft fishing. Kelp was real thick and on our arrival a large seal surfaced, snorted and came over to take a brief look. Unfortunately, he did not follow us down. Vis was not great, and it was dark due to a surface algae plume. Dive lights came in real handy. Saw a few large bass, several good sized bugs, lots of purple sea urchins, starfish, sea cucumbers, keyhole limpets, etc.

Date: 5/15/05
Dive Location: Ingraham St. Bridge
Time:12:28pm
Bottom Time: 30 mins
Max Depth: 77 ft
Vis: 15ft
Wave height: Hardly any swell
Temp at depth: 55F
Comments: According to the GPS we were right on the button, but unfortunately the bridge was nowhere to be found! Did come across several large concrete blocks. Bill made every effort to lead a search but in the end it was all in vein. Lots of sand but little else, better luck next time around!

Grey_Wulff

I just added "Gas mix" to the list on the first post with a default of "Air (21%)" as suggested.

Christian

scubalaurel:
Comments: I was on a EAN 41.5, BTW...for anyone who cares. Why do we care, anyway? Why do you care IcediverinCA?

Didn't you log your gas mix on your log book? Why omit that info on your report? Why is it a big deal to reveal what gas you were breathing (unless you were on Reefseeker's charter)?

IceDiverInCA:
Didn't you log your gas mix on your log book? Why omit that info on your report? Why is it a big deal to reveal what gas you were breathing (unless you were on Reefseeker's charter)?

Of course I log that in my book! :11: I log everything in my book. Even my mistakes :54:

I like nitrox. It makes going up the stairs easier if you breathe on it (sounds funny out of water though). :lol:

It's not a big deal...I was being sarcastic and obnoxious (as usual) *batting eyelashes*

:gorgeous:

BTW, Scott, reefseekers has rules against/for EVERYTHING! Diving Nazi's are what they are...

Back
Top Bottom