Mermet Springs IL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AevnsGrandpa:
Hey BrianL,

Are you planning on any trips to Mermet in June? I've done all the quarries in middle to northern Illinois but would really like to do Mermet.

Let me know and I'll see if I can talk my wife into letting me go. I live in Bloomington so I would probably come down the evening before we would dive.

Jeff :dazzler1:

Jeff,

I'm diving Table Rock lake this weekend. I believe there is a treasure hunt at Mermet on 26-27 June. Either way, I'll be there that weekend. Definatly would like to have someone to dive with.

Brian

brianwl:
Jeff,

I'm diving Table Rock lake this weekend. I believe there is a treasure hunt at Mermet on 26-27 June. Either way, I'll be there that weekend. Definatly would like to have someone to dive with.

Brian
I checked Mermet's web site, and didn't see anything about a treasure hunt. I'll probably be down that weekend also.

It just so happens that my daughter was going to be up from Florida that weekend, but now is not coming, so......

I'll check with my mrs and see what I can do, may only be Saturday but that's enough for me. If it works out I'll PM both of you guys.

BrianL, how did you find out about this treasure hunt and I am guessing I know what that is, throw stuff in and everyone go find it?

Jeff

AevnsGrandpa:
It just so happens that my daughter was going to be up from Florida that weekend, but now is not coming, so......

I'll check with my mrs and see what I can do, may only be Saturday but that's enough for me. If it works out I'll PM both of you guys.

BrianL, how did you find out about this treasure hunt and I am guessing I know what that is, throw stuff in and everyone go find it?

Jeff

Go to www.mermetsprings.com the hunt might be on there. Actually they don't toss stuff in, they carefully place marked pieces of PVC pipe. Each one has a number on it, which is your number in the drawing line. There are generally some that are painted gold, which are for the really good prizes, but they are harder to find too.

Saturday, June 26, Mermet Springs, Mermet, IL is the Annual Treasure Hunt to benefit Habitat for Humanity. Prizes will be auctioned off, and tokens found while diving will be as good as money for the auction. There will also be a raffle for a SeaDoo Diver Propulsion Vehicle and for an Olympus Underwater Digital Camera. Registration is $50 at any participating St. Louis area dive shop, including The Dive Shop of St. Louis, (314) 968-8099, 9836 Manchester. Register by June 20 to receive a free T-shirt.

Hope some of you come. You do NOT have to be registered in advance--just show up on Saturday, June 26 with your $50 registration fee. Raffle tickets are $1 each or 15 for $10.

theskull

Will they let you dive if you don't buy into the raffle?

I am hoping to come but may not have the extra $50 for this raffle.

Thanks,

Jeff

AevnsGrandpa:

Thanks,

Jeff

I haven't got a clue, it's my first time. Maybe someone else knows the answer, but in my oppinion, as long as you don't try to claim a prize, I couldn't imagine them saying no.

AevnsGrandpa:

Thanks,

Jeff

Absolutely! The quarry will be open for regular business, and anyone who pays the regular quarry entry fee of $15 may dive that day. The "Treasure Hunt Dive" is only for those who wish to benefit Habitat for Humanity and/or want to win some very cool SCUBA gear and prizes.

The actual Treasure Hunt event will only last approximately 20 minutes, so we won't be in your way (much) if you are just after a day of diving and don't want to mess with it.

theskull

theskull:
Absolutely! The quarry will be open for regular business, and anyone who pays the regular quarry entry fee of $15 may dive that day. The "Treasure Hunt Dive" is only for those who wish to benefit Habitat for Humanity and/or want to win some very cool SCUBA gear and prizes.

The actual Treasure Hunt event will only last approximately 20 minutes, so we won't be in your way (much) if you are just after a day of diving and don't want to mess with it.

theskull

I was hoping you'd jump in on that one.

Back
Top Bottom