Merrits Mill Pond and Morrison 9-17 & Cypress and Becton 9-18-5 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley:
Matt
Harold wouldn't appreciate you calling him an old man and you can have the spring as your back yard as he has the property up for sale.

Wish I had the $$. He asked if Loxley was a decent place to live, I didn't make anything of that until I read your response. I guess he's still undecided on where to go.

jviehe:
Ugh, did I run into you at Cave Adventures? We were at the Mill Pond all day. Great pics.

I said, "Wasup John" and you mumbled something and walked right by... Didn't seem like you were in much of a mood to chat so I went back to talking with the group of people I was there with...

I was wearing a white T-shirt and still had my wetsuit on halfway and wrapped around my waist.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Wish I had the $$. He asked if Loxley was a decent place to live, I didn't make anything of that until I read your response. I guess he's still undecided on where to go.

I said, "Wasup John" and you mumbled something and walked right by... Didn't seem like you were in much of a mood to chat so I went back to talking with the group of people I was there with...

I was wearing a white T-shirt and still had my wetsuit on halfway and wrapped around my waist.
Damn, thought was you, thinking back. Actually I didnt recognize you and was focused on something else. Sorry about that. I did want to meet you eventually. Oh well, next time. We did 2 dives in JB. Its a great cavern/cave.

There is another post report in Deep Dixie that I did and it has some additional photos. Got a good one of Matt taking photos.. I posted one of your photos of me Matt, cause I didnt get a good one of my big head!!

Great trip, and I will be back and do my Cavern certification.

Thanks Matt for the great trip to Cypress, and thanks to everyone I got the opportunity to dive with over the long weekend (mini vacation).

Hozey

jviehe:
Damn, thought was you, thinking back. Actually I didnt recognize you and was focused on something else. Sorry about that. I did want to meet you eventually. Oh well, next time. We did 2 dives in JB. Its a great cavern/cave.

I'd like to get back out to JB sometime this year, I stuck around the front entrance of the cavern due to a buddies ear clearing problems. I didn't want to leave him hanging and I knew the spring would be there next time around anyway. Definately looked like a great cavern to poke around in.

cewarbin:
Thanks Matt for the great trip to Cypress, and thanks to everyone I got the opportunity to dive with over the long weekend (mini vacation).

Thanks for setting up the Mill Pond trip :D

Jackson Blue by the end of the year sounds good to me. I will be glad to be your buddy. Pick a time in the future, and I can meet you there for another ride in Ms. Jellyfish. I am all for cheap diving, and maybe can do the room thing again, since you be the capt'n of the boat. Morrison would be great again too.

May try out my external flash and see if it would work in there. How did you like the photo of you taking photos??

Take care, Hoss n' fuss

Its a great pic, I'm pretty impressed by that little filter. Its a great accessory for those without the option, or those to lazy(me) to use the manual white balance for their cameras without the use of an external strobe.

Looks like ya'll had an great time. Thanks for taking plenty of pictures. Out of all the pictures from topside, shangrila looks beautiful. Thanks for taking pictures and taking plenty of time to report back to us.. :)

Matt

SeaYoda:
Wow - there is a spring in that mud hole at Becton :D.

Nice report and pics.

The flow in the cavern and happy fish / eels could account for the damaged yard art. The last time I was there the bowling ball in the crack was floating like a helium balloon that has lost most of its lift. I've seen the ball sitting in the crack before but never bouncing around like that.

That was a bowling ball!!! I thought it was some black kickball or something. It was bouncing around so. I had to pull myself down to take a look at it and the flow almost blew my mask off!!! The flow was really kickin' Sat.

Jeremy

Corigan:
Looks like ya'll had an great time. Thanks for taking plenty of pictures. Out of all the pictures from topside, shangrila looks beautiful. Thanks for taking pictures and taking plenty of time to report back to us.. :)

Didn't make the report Sunday because I was dog tired. Hell, it took all monday night to get pics editted and uploaded before I could make the report then! Glad you liked it all, there was alot to deal with.

JKSteger:
That was a bowling ball!!! I thought it was some black kickball or something. It was bouncing around so. I had to pull myself down to take a look at it and the flow almost blew my mask off!!! The flow was really kickin' Sat.

Jeremy

Flows definately up and thats definately a bowling ball. It was once used to attempt knocking a bigger hole in that vent so people could get back into the cave... Probably not the best idea, but whatever. That sucker used to be wedged in tight, but its bouncin like crazy lately!

JKSteger:

Jeremy
That thing freaked me out because the first time I saw it was when I was looking at some pics I had taken. I hadn't even seen it in the crack - I was just trying to get a pic of where the water came from. I thought it was odd to have something natural that was that round in the crack. It then dawned on me that it must be the bowling ball everybody was talking about.

I tried to get a video of it bouncing around but I couldn't hold myself and the camera still in the flow. I decided that it was best not to be blown to the roof of the cavern. I let the camera wave in the "breeze" but you can't tell what I was aiming at nor can you see the bouncing ball.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom