Microbubbles and Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Deco once bubbled...
Please note the next class in Decompression Physiology :grad:
http://wrigley.usc.edu/hyperbaric/advdeco.htm [/B]

Lookin' thru your CV, I notice your time in Germany... kind of had to wonder if a sour taste to a German filled tank is bad, or if you should just assume that you'll get some sauerstoff...

(Sorry to all the non-German speakers, but it was a pun I couldn't resist.)

Dr Deco once bubbled...
Dear Braunbehrens:

Exercise and Deco

You?re not being a pest; you just want to make sure you are getting the real skinny. (?I trust my mother, but I cut the cards.?) There was a paper at the NAUI conference on ?Deep Stops and New Decompression Techniques? (something like that for a title) and it did recommend moderate exercise ? I gave the paper.

Well, here I was, worried about embarrassing you...I guess I needen't have been!

While we are on the subject of exercising and diving, maybe you could talk a little bit about the benefits of exercising some time before diving, and the possible draw backs.

Thanks.

Dear Braunbehrens:

Exercising

One can exercise before diving. I would guess that an interval of four hours between big-time efforts and the dive should be allowed.

Exercise and Physical Fitness

There is recent laboratory evidence that physical fitness as measured by maximum oxygen consumption correlates with fewer Doppler-detectable gas bubbles. There has also existed a suspicion that divers who are “in shape” do better as far decompression is concerned. A lower risk of DCS is the payoff for maintaining good physical fitness.

That is what the science says. :book2:

Dr Deco :doctor:

PS: To those who wondered, the “sauerstoff” comment of rugbydiver refers to the belief in the late 1700s that oxygen was an essential component of acids. Oxygen was called “sauerstoff” or acid material in German. Thus the sour taste of oxygen in the scuba tank .:scuba:

Readers, please note the next class in Decompression Physiology :grad:
http://wrigley.usc.edu/hyperbaric/advdeco.htm

Back
Top Bottom