Midyear Fiji trip to Beqa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiebs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm planning a trip to Beqa Lagoon Resort at the start of June, and looking for any pointers around:
1. Water temp - for a 6 day trip, 2 dives per day. Should I be thinking a sting suit? a shorty? full length 2mm? 5mm?
2. Tank vales - I'll check with the resort, but is DIN generally available in Fiji, or should I convert to yoke beforehand?
3. I'm sure there's other things that would be good to know before the trip :)

We spent a week at Beqa Lagoon Resort in 2014. Very nice. Late June is the start of winter in Fiji. Beqa water temps will probably be 77-79 degrees, so a 3mm full or a 5 mm depending on your tolerance. The tanks were all yoke as far as I recall, but an email to the dive shop should clarify this question. Oh yeah, go easy on the local intoxicant, Kava. 🤣

I was at Bega Lagoon Resort right before the COVID shut down and used a 5mm full suit and was comfortable, 3mm I would have been cold. Bring some good fins as you will have some decent current at times. Also bring some school supplies for the village school "pens, pencils, paper etc." and don't miss the trip to the school.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom