MIFLEX Hose Failure Mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most hoses will fail at the hose meets metal crimp area or in the swivel of the metal. I just replaced a 6" HP that was leaking actually in the hose itself, the brand new 6" leaked right off in the swivel....none of these caused an aborted dive just a bit of concern...I have only had one hose related problem that caused me to abort a dive and that was the O-ring in the second stage end of the hose. I have the MiFlex on all my rigs, any hose you can tie in a knot and it still works has to be tough I would think.
Yarg

IIRC, the burst strength of the Miflex LP hoses is 3600 psi which approaches what you find with standard HP hoses, correct? My blue H LP hoses say "Do not exceed 250 psi WP", I don't know what the burst strength actually is but obviously not 10 times that amount.

Most of the hoses I deal with for air and hydraulic use are 4 to 1 factor of safety. So if the WP is 250, they are likely 1000PSI burst.

If you fear of gear's failure don't dive.....or check and service them.

We were talking about the failure mode of a new product and looking at how even a lack of a failure mode could have unintended consequences. How does your advice apply to that?

We were talking about the failure mode of a new product and looking at how even a lack of a failure mode could have unintended consequences. How does your advice apply to that?

Is a new product for you..............
:mooner:

Yes... so checking or servicing a "new" product is irrelevant

If you have some information to share on the reliability of your country's product, which is new to the rest of us, please do so

As another 'new adopter' of MiFlex hoses, I'd be much more interested in that than your previous posts, which are quite frankly pointless; unless your point is to annoy people

If you have some information to share on the reliability of your country's product, which is new to the rest of us, please do so

As another 'new adopter' of MiFlex hoses, I'd be much more interested in that than your previous posts, which are quite frankly pointless; unless your point is to annoy people

Checking and servicing a new product is irrelevant...these are your words...don't put your words in my mouth.....first.
Second, there is more test , exactly around 30 safety test in each...each hose, that mean a 100% quality check.
About the knot....that is true but do you think you are going to have a knot underwater???
Light, yes really comfortable and light, I'm using the short hose, and isn't bulky like the "traditional" hose.
It's very flexible...
Long hose, light it's a little positive, slippery ..that is good when you need to donate.
Pony, deco tank..great is coming out from the bungee like nothing when I need it and very flexible.
Happy......
Prozac...about that, ask to your doctor.

How do you know the EXTREME are from my country???????

That's a fairly simplistic and somewhat insulting statement, with limited utility in the real world. All equipment has failure modes. The OP reasonably asked what they might be. Servicing may or may not help, and checking doesn't do much good if you don't know what to look for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom