Mikes Dive Camera Store

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone shop w this Uk based place before? Legit?
I never shopped with the camera website but I think it’s the camera part of Mike Dive Store (Mike's Dive Store | UK's Largest Dive and Snorkelling Equipment Shop) and I have shopped with them online and at their store (physically). Never had an issue with Mike Dive Store.

Did you have an issue with them?

Yes, personally with my equipment I took to them for service. They were most unprofessional and incompetent. I am talking about scuba, regulator, service.

Yes, personally with my equipment I took to them for service. They were most unprofessional and incompetent. I am talking about scuba, regulator, service.

Tbh I’d not use them for anything else than buying stuff, I think their clientele is mostly people diving abroad and recreational diving.

I don’t think they get high volume on fills and services.

If you are close to east London when you are in the U.K., I’d rather service at Kent Diving (although I have acquaintances who had issues with them, they were the minority of the people I know who use them). I use at the moment Scuba Tech in Ruislip (because it’s my local since I moved) and they have been very good so far.

Mikes Camera store and Dive shop are in the same building but are different companies, after Mikes dive shop was sold a few years ago.

They are very close to my commute to work and I have used Mikes Dive Shop for servicing for regs for a number of years and have always been great, they do have some young staff (students) on the shop floor at weekends who are super keen divers but service has always been great. They have been far better than my local dive shop in London (who will remain nameless) whose service to me was questionable (servicing took far longer than expected) and who completely bodged the servicing of two sets of regs for a friend both sets leaked and hoses where all loose and leaked on the first dive after service. Mikes Dive Shop has a great inventory and whilst not always the cheapest certainly have great choice.

Has anyone shop w this Uk based place before? Legit?
Yes, I have used the camera store a few times and they offer great advice and are 100% trustworthy and legit. Again not always the cheapest but sometimes it is worth paying a little more for the service, probably picking up a new lens from them next week as they are cheapest for this lens in the UK.

I use at the moment Scuba Tech in Ruislip (because it’s my local since I moved) and they have been very good so far.
I must try them as work 10 mins drive from the shop but didn't know it was even there, so thanks BlueTrin

Tbh I’d not use them for anything else than buying stuff, I think their clientele is mostly people diving abroad and recreational diving.

I don’t think they get high volume on fills and services.

If you are close to east London when you are in the U.K., I’d rather service at Kent Diving (although I have acquaintances who had issues with them, they were the minority of the people I know who use them). I use at the moment Scuba Tech in Ruislip (because it’s my local since I moved) and they have been very good so far.

When I had them service my regulator, they outsourced the service to somebody else. They screwed up the service and the regulator had IP creep. When I went to pick up the regulator, I asked for a full tank to test my regulator before taking it with me, they said they don't have Tanks with air to use for the testing. I asked them how on God's earth do they manage to have a storefront without having a tank and a compressor, they just shrug their shoulders. I left the store without being able to test the regulator set. Eventually after few weeks I returned back to Libya and when I tested the regulator, it had an IP creep causing the second stage to leak air. I tested the second stage on another regulator and it was fine. Put a different Second stage on the first stage that was serviced by them and it was the same problem. All this while looking at my IP gauge seeing the pressure creep. I called them from Libya and told them about the problem including sending pictures of the IP. They said to ship it back to them in London. I shipped the regulator back to them in London with their agreement that they will refund the cost of shipping back to them. They eventually fixed the issue with the IP creep and sent it back to me but refused to refund the cost of shipping the regulator to them from Libya. They took advantage of me not being in the UK and far away in Libya to feel safe to renege on their word.

For me, their are just "traders" who just sell equipment but don't expect any service or anything beyond taking your money and giving you a box. They aren't honest, they certainly don't live up to their word.

When I had them service my regulator, they outsourced the service to somebody else. They screwed up the service and the regulator had IP creep. When I went to pick up the regulator, I asked for a full tank to test my regulator before taking it with me, they said they don't have Tanks with air to use for the testing. I asked them how on God's earth do they manage to have a storefront without having a tank and a compressor, they just shrug their shoulders. I left the store without being able to test the regulator set. Eventually after few weeks I returned back to Libya and when I tested the regulator, it had an IP creep causing the second stage to leak air. I tested the second stage on another regulator and it was fine. Put a different Second stage on the first stage that was serviced by them and it was the same problem. All this while looking at my IP gauge seeing the pressure creep. I called them from Libya and told them about the problem including sending pictures of the IP. They said to ship it back to them in London. I shipped the regulator back to them in London with their agreement that they will refund the cost of shipping back to them. They eventually fixed the issue with the IP creep and sent it back to me but refused to refund the cost of shipping the regulator to them from Libya. They took advantage of me not being in the UK and far away in Libya to feel safe to renege on their word.

For me, their are just "traders" who just sell equipment but don't expect any service or anything beyond taking your money and giving you a box. They aren't honest, they certainly don't live up to their word.
That's not good, how long ago was that? They used to have London Dive School next to them so should have always had tanks available, since that moved during covid not sure whether they still have tanks. Will check on my next service unless I try ScubaTech

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom