Mini DV tape quality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill:
My footage on Sony tapes has been used by television broadcasters from Japan, Europe and throughout the States. I've never heard any of their producers or editors complain it was on Sony tape.

Of course not. Sony makes excellent tape. In fact, in the broadcast market, Sony makes many items that are the best available. Rarely are they the most cost effective, though which was my point.

DrBill, if Sony cameras and tapes are working well for you, that's awesome. As previously mentioned, I too have some Sony cameras and they also work well. I have other gear that I believe works very well, costs less, and has given me reliable service.

i don't know if there REALLY is a difference, but the ORANGE sony tapes imported and the BLUE sony tapes are for the US market.... can't say for sure with 100% certainity, but i shot 1 vacation with the ORANGE tapes and the tapes were all mucked up. had always used the BLUE ones before and will always use the BLUE ones again after.... and yes, since going back to the BLUE, haven't had a single problem so i know it wasn't the camera.....

ummmmmmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom