Mini report on diving Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptAl

Registered
Reaction score
Well I've been back from Grand Cayman for a week now and figure I better get this posted before it slips through the holiday cracks. Spent nine days on the island (12/3 -12/12) but since my wife is a non-diver, and in the interest of marital harmony, I did only six dives. All dives were with Neptune's Divers (www.neptunesdivers.com) and they were FANTASTIC. Being a recently certified diver, Keith and Casey made me feel comfortable, relaxed, and confident. The two wall dives, the deepest of which was 111 ft., were just incredible. The brilliantly colored fish, hard corals, gorgonians, anemones, and sponges almost defy description. I also did two unforgettable night dives. There is whole different cast of characters that come out at night on the reefs and Keith and Casey know just where to find them. The six foot moray with a head the size of a football lurking in the dark under an overhang was particularly memorable. Have you ever a seen a puffer illuminated by only a dive light held next to it? It looks like a large orange Chinese lantern with spikes … very cool. Keith and Casey have their dive boat moored off Seven Mile Beach which allowed my wife get some sun during my daytime dives and for the night dives they were gracious enough to let her tag along for the boat ride. To sum this up, I think everyone should dive Cayman at least once in their life and if they were smart they would dive with Neptune's Divers.

Great report. Thanks for sharing. I know you were in good hands. Casey and Keith would be my first choice for diving in Grand Cayman also. I almost got my chance in October of this year. But because of hurricain Michelle, we went to St Thomas. Next time for sure!

God I wish I was diving Grand Cayman right now! I love the diving there, something for every level and so easy! Great report.

Scott

We had a great time diving with you, also! Now you see why I moved from our mutual "Yankee" land down to this beautiful island! New England is great! but I'll take doing a beautiful wall dive over shovelling my driveway anyday!
Happy Holidays to everyone! And Happy Birthday again, Mary (Capt Al's wife)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom