Mini SPG with Imperial/Metric!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thomjinx:
Hey Kupu, where are you in the Philippines? I love that country! I have dived in Puerta Galera, Anilao and Coron so far, and plan to do more.

I have 2 older Dacor SPGs that are calibrated in both imperial and metric, and I will no longer need both of them. So I may sell one.

Hey, I just noticed in your profile...you and I have the same birthday! Except mine is a couple of decades or so earlier than yours. Haha!

Have a San Miguel for me!
Thomjinx

Thomjinx, Yep the Philippines is a excellent place to be. I spend about 5 months a year here roaming around the many dive spots. Just got back to Manila after 8 weeks in southern Mindanao diving in Gensan and Davao.

I saw a Dacor Bar/PSI SPG when I was shopping ebay, almost picked it up except I stumbled across a Nemrod SPG that was compact and easy to read for $20. Thought I had a good deal til the plastic faceplate cracked. Oh well, live and learn.

thomjinx:
Jason, I actually thought about one of those, but even if I figured out a way to put it on the end of a hose, these old eyes might have trouble reading it easily. Any idea how realiable those little things are? I do have a pony bottle.
I never use too small hard reading it, I used Halcyon SPG for stage and deco bottles.
Halcyon-SPG_bar-profile.jpg

Coloy,

Those are sweet! I haven't seen those on this side of the pond. I even asked one of my LDSs who is a big ScubaPro/AquaLung dealer.

I don't know why they all aren't made that way.

Thomjinx

clgsamson:
my and my wife's mini spg

294142871_36bcd665e1_o.jpg

blue numbers are metric. It has a compass on the other side of the depth gauge slot.
I wonder if it's possible to rip the depth guage and compass part off this kit and just use a mini console housing.

Do they sell these in with just the pressure gauge?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom