Misc. DIR gear questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

# 3 P-valve placement

I don't know for sure having just bought my first drysuit.
But what comes to mind is this:

When men have a suit tailored, (we're not talking JC Pennys here)
the tailor would ask if they dressed right or left. Perhaps that is the best reasoning on which side to place the valve.

Plain English version: maybe it belongs on the thigh of the leg your equipment is usually aiming toward.

# 1 I just rigged my new backup light with cave line. It looks like it's gonna work great!

I have it on the left thigh but I hang to the left so I suppose that is the greatest factor to take into count!:D

LEN

I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard!

My Backup light (making sure I specify which equipment I'm talking about) isn't aimed at any side until I hook it to a shoulder D-ring. Then it will be aimed down the right side. :wink:

Met,

SPG -- Uwatec Master Diver SPG. Extreme Exposure was selling them on-line for a while, although I don't see it on their web site any longer. THey are pricey, at $100+, but worth it I think -- durable, luminous face, detailed pressure markings

Cave line on lights -- I started doing this last year. My plan is to replace the line at the beginning of every season. I actually tied mine last year looped through the light just once -- after about 20 dives it still appears very secure (based on my "pull on it really hard and see if it breaks or comes untied" test).

-Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom