Mix and Matching Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you've purchased your gear at the same LDS, despite of brands, they should be able to service everything you own.

Well, of course it has to look cool. But also, I do some very specialized diving with a small group of people, and all of our gear is the same except for our computers. Scubapro regs, BC's, wetsuits, fins, gloves, hoods, everything. Oh yeah, its also all black.

Mixing brands can lead to bad headaches the next morning.

Or am I confusing that with something else?

I have never owned the same brand in 25 years. Everything has always been mix and match...

It's possible to dress head to toe in one manufacturer, but with the possible exception of scuba pro, I'd think it would look fairly silly to try.

My wetsuit is Henderson InstaDry, head to toe, because I happen to really like how that technology works in a wetsuit. But other than that, it's a mixed bag. DiveRite, Tusa, Tilos, UK, Apollo... not many companies make everything a diver could want.

There is definitely an argument to made for keeping your regs to one manufacturer, but that's about it, and even that argument only goes so far.

The only local tech that I trust with my gear really believes that although your regs don't have to match, you should make sure they are compatible.

venturediver:
Well, of course it has to look cool. But also, I do some very specialized diving with a small group of people, and all of our gear is the same except for our computers. Scubapro regs, BC's, wetsuits, fins, gloves, hoods, everything. Oh yeah, its also all black.
In what sort of diving would everyone having the same wetsuit brand be an advantage over people having the one that fit them best? Advertising photo shoot?

Damselfish:
In what sort of diving would everyone having the same wetsuit brand be an advantage over people having the one that fit them best? Advertising photo shoot?

:lol:

Damselfish:

Well, they are different types of wetsuit. I wear everflex, my buddy wears S-Tek. I was basically referring to color on the wetsuit bit. Although, we would make a really neat advertisement. Except for the fact we are all ugly enough to make an onion cry.

Back
Top Bottom