Mr. Mix and Match

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My gear is a collective of items. I have to shop for gear that fits correctly. I had brand loyalty to US Divers when I first started diving, primarily an artifact of the dive shop in town but over the years as I have changed so has the fit of various gear. Second consideration is the quality/price tradeoff. While I like scubapro, I find their gear to be a bit pricey.

My gear is a collective of items. I have to shop for gear that fits correctly. I had brand loyalty to US Divers when I first started diving, primarily an artifact of the dive shop in town but over the years as I have changed so has the fit of various gear. Second consideration is the quality/price tradeoff. While I like scubapro, I find their gear to be a bit pricey.
Ahhh USD. Me too with the brand loyalty to US Divers back in the day.

Different combination of gear is needed to keep track of your buddy, in certain diving situations.

Any color coordinates black quite nicely

Tusa mask, Scubapro or Deep6 reg, Subgravity BP/W with HOG utility pockets, random board shorts and rashie, random booties, Deep6 fins (white!). No matchy matchy any more. All my old 1990s gear was USD.

Generic no name mask, Deep Six wetsuit, Edge fins, VDH plate, DIY wing, assorted regs (often mixed brands), Mares Puck Pro. Yeah... matching isn't my thing!

Wearing black until they come out with something darker .. hahaha.

My brands are all over the place, and I've even dived with mismatched fins...

I know that just might kill some folks...

I know where my buddy is because he's the one swimming in circles 🤣

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom