Mk25/s600 and s555... right for cave?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NOOOOO..... Say it isn't so.
Thems that ther' quiptment fo' da' professionals....
I've always kinda' liked dat you used da' serious diver's gear stuffs.

No Jean, Theys no such of a thing as "overkill" when it comes to life support gear.
And it's kindly of you checking 'em and all. 'Cause ifin you givit to me, you ain't gitten it back if yo's don't be a workin' Doll.
You guys love your Scubapro's (which are GREAT regs btw from what I hear) and I love my Dive-Rite's!

If I'm in a fix , I'll take ANY brand handed to me :D As long as it makes dem bubbly things.

Jeano Beano[/QUOTE]

I have used these regs before and they do work pretty well.
That in mind,I'll stick with my Atomic/Dive Rite "Frankin-Reg".

The Atomic breathes better than the SP Mk25/600,
and the Dive Rite nearly force breathes you.
But can deliver 2 more breaths
after the Atomic quits breathing.:eyebrow:

Oh, and did I mention? It can me disassembled,
cleaned out, and reassembled in one breath.
Even in zero Vis.[/QUOTE]

Well , now that that's said and done ...
I'm still using my Dive-Rites and will continue to do so. :D
Like you said , or I said , or WE ALL SAID :rofl3:
"To each their own"

Er , so Iffen I given you dat Long Hose thingie you ain't givven it back? What if I shuts down dat dere Right postie thingie den , don't ya know ? :D
The LEFT post is mine , and you can't have it :eyebrow:

Da Beano

Has anyone dove the new G250v and the S600 and can give a comparison

Wow, TS&M, I love what you've done to yourself for Christmas.

I use a pair of Mk25 / S600's for my rig. I also have another set for my 'regular diving'. They've given great service in all situations and are pretty much the best ScubaPro offers. Yep, three sets of these were expensive but I like having all the back up redundancy in case a reg fails, I can swap some things around myself. I've only had one issue with one of them. It blew out an internal ring and was promptly warranty repaired. That was my regular rig and it happend on the surface at time of pressurization. For O2 bottles I have an OMS O2 clean reg.

Has anyone dove the new G250v and the S600 and can give a comparison

I use an MK10/G250(original) for my single tank rig and I can't really feel a difference in breathing over/under my MK25/S600 setups on my doubles rig. I dove with two guys over the weekend who were both diving the new G250Vs and they said they breathed just as well as the old G250s.

I just bought a scubapro mk25 and s555 and i started doing a little more research and found out that there have been cases of the mk25 freezing up in cold temperatures. ill mostly be using this reg summers in the northeast Atlantic and i was wondering if anyone has dived these regs in colder water like 45-60 degrees with these or a similar setup. thanks for any info

my first reg setup was a mk25 S600, I dove it down to water temps of 37 degrees F until one day on a solo dive (with pony) I was coming back up from 133' and had a free flow in 87'. I would never trust a mk25 for cold water or overhead environment dives again. I use all mk17's and S600's and keep the mk25 for backup or filling tires. The S555 is not adjustable underwater making it even more likely to freeze up. If you want to use those regs in cold water turn the IP down on the first stage to 120-122 psi (or have a tech do it). If a tech refuses go to another and watch them make the adjustment.

or gamble with your life, you make the choice.

Hey admin I'm in!

It looks like you haven't made a post to ScubaBoard yet! Why don't you dive in and say hello by making a post to our Introductions and Greets forum right now! Don't stay on the shore, jump in and get wet, participate now.

It's taken months and now typing this feels like I am wading through treacle. But enough of my insecurities, btw I am changing my username as well.

I have two Atomic B2's on my back gas and I own a B1 and a Z1. I have tried to get the B1 and Z1 O2 clean for my deco gas but I cannot get the correctly sized nitrile o-rings for either and Atomic has told me that they are not O2 compatible (more of this in another post, see what happens when you sit on the side for so long, ahhhhhhgg can't stop myself). Anyway, I have looked at the MK25 and S600 as a deco reg (see and you all thought the newbie was off topic) but I was also thinking that this was a bit of overkill for a deco rig and was thinking maybe the MK11 and R295 as it is half the price and it would only be used from a max of 21m. Advice?

I dive MK25/s600s (among other things) as one of my tech sets and have never had any issues with them. The coldest they have been is in the low 40's. On the other hand, they have been deep (>200 feet) also without problems.

I dive a mk20 s600 in massachusetts waters where we consider 60 degrees HOT. Had it out last week in 37 deg water down to 85 feet. Have taught ice diving classes with it, and like northwoods said crank the IP down to about 120 (much easier on the 25 than my 20) and it performs like a champ.

To the OP considering that you already have them, I'd think about using the 555 tuned for max performance as your primary and keep the 600 detuned as backup. The innards are identical except for the tuneability.

Anyway, I have looked at the MK25 and S600 as a deco reg (see and you all thought the newbie was off topic) but I was also thinking that this was a bit of overkill for a deco rig and was thinking maybe the MK11 and R295 as it is half the price and it would only be used from a max of 21m. Advice?

I have more or less the same question as John_ZAR. I have tried searching, but come up empty, so apologies in advance if this has been addressed somewhere else.

Just purchased a tank that I'm initially going to use as a pony, but I expect that it will be transitioned into a deco bottle in near future.
I'm planning on going the MK25/S600 route for backgas (glad I found this thread - just love confirmation).
In the interest in keeping things somewhat interchangeable (and hopefully only having to buy the regs once), what do you recommend for use on deco bottles?

Appreciate your feedback!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom