Moderation: Too much or too little?

What is your GENERAL feeling about SB moderation?

• I'd like to see more moderation

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I'd like to see less moderation

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I think the current level of moderation is fine.

Votes: 74 66.1%
  • I have another opinion - state below

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To add to dans statement of me I Miss KNOWONE, curious now when his last sign in date was.

He was last online March 16th.

I voted for the second option. Now I haven't really been around here long enough to be able to tell, but I voted anyway, simply out of principle. The reason is that I've spent a lot of time (arguably too much time) in a forum that's heavily over-moderated. And that was quite annoying to say the least. In fact the extent of "moderation" (quotation marks because I should really call it censorship) was quite ridiculous. I've always been of the opinion that moderation should be kept to a minimum.

Well the moderation has reached a new level of silliness. I guess my post (#22 above) pointed out that cetain uptight moderators took offense at "official" SB smileys.

Today, a number of smileys are gone. My Site Support thread to determine if this was accidental or intentional got moved to Whine and Cheeze - which I interpret (perhaps incorrectly) as treating the observation as a Whine instead of legitimate "feature or bug" question.

What kind of :gans: is this?

Cave Diver, as a board Advisor, please provide some input. After all, you are the one who introduced the now-deleted :bs: flag. Were you wrong then, or is the decision to delete it wrong now?

Cave Diver, as a board Advisor, please provide some input. After all, you are the one who introduced the now-deleted :bs: flag. Were you wrong then, or is the decision to delete it wrong now?

I've been gone all day and this is the first I've heard of any of the smilies being removed. I would have to do some research before I could respond to that.

Edit - I found your thread on it and the response was given there for the removal of certain smilies. Based on that premise, I would have to say that if the popcorn smiley is not consistent with the direction of the board, then the bs flag wouldn't be either.

Well the moderation has reached a new level of silliness. I guess my post (#22 above) pointed out that cetain uptight moderators took offense at "official" SB smileys.

Today, a number of smileys are gone. My Site Support thread to determine if this was accidental or intentional got moved to Whine and Cheeze - which I interpret (perhaps incorrectly) as treating the observation as a Whine instead of legitimate "feature or bug" question.

What kind of :gans: is this?

Instead of asking ONE advisor to get on the spot, and defend a group decision... How about you list the merits of such a smiley, and how it's used positively to promote friendly discussions?

Instead of asking ONE advisor to get on the spot, and defend a group decision... How about you list the merits of such a smiley, and how it's used positively to promote friendly discussions?

How about you stick to site support and stay out of the reasons why?

I'm not holding you accountable for the decision, but I know CD introduced [-]both[/-] :bs: [-]and : gans:[/-]

That's why I asked him.

Last edited:
It was (if it really is gone, don't use it, didn't look) a board approved way of calling out something/somebody who is completely out-of-line. -Can we go back to being individually creative???

How about you stick to site support and stay out of the reasons why?

I'm not holding you accountable for the decision, but I know CD introduced both :bs: and :gans:

That's why I asked him.

I'm not just the site support. :wink:

So why don't you not try to argue with me and let's just leave it at that.

.... Based on that premise, I would have to say that if the popcorn smiley is not consistent with the direction of the board, then the bs flag wouldn't be either.

Shame on you for introducing such an offensive smiley that created such a hostile atmosphere on this harmonious corner of the internet!

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

I'm not just the site support. :wink:

So why don't you not try to argue with me and let's just leave it at that.

No problem. I didn't start it.

Back
Top Bottom