Money changing in Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the fineprint said something about their prevailing rate. didnt know their rate was 2 pesos above market rates. exchange rate at that time was 55.60 and they billed me 57.60. unfortunately, it seems there is no law against being held up by credit card companies with their usurious rates. on the brighter side. peso's strong strong now. good time to buy gear overseas.

Hi everyone,

ummm..since we're on Manila, 2 of us are there for 1 night on a Friday...any suggestions as to g good place to have dinner...ideally something local but otherwise, a place w/ good food, on the street, by the promenad or whaatever...

We're staying right in Malate.....

you can try Kashmir at Padre Faura, Malate; ive been dying to check it out ever since my colleagues started raving bout it.

afterwards, you can hang out at Cafe Havana, superb latino music there. :)

If you want local flavor, you can try the restaurants along baywalk and harborview so you can dine by manila bay. if you are more adventurous, try dampa for fresh seafood.
is there still a manila bay dinner cruise?

jigo:
If you want local flavor, you can try the restaurants along baywalk and harborview so you can dine by manila bay. if you are more adventurous, try dampa for fresh seafood.
is there still a manila bay dinner cruise?

yes there is, and they actually head towards Mall of Asia(MOA) and park their boats there at around 7pm when we do the fireworks. I think that's great place to take a photo of the fireworks if the water is calm... would be nice to have open shutter...

There is also Tast of Asia at the MOA north wing. You pick your food and they will cook it fresh... ummmm maybe not too good to divers... live fish they have... same concept as Dampa fresh seafood.

Back
Top Bottom