More California Muck Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parabolic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
From the last two days in Morro Bay:

Triopha maculata - fairly rare:

nudi2_s.jpg

Another fairly unusual one:

nudi7_s.jpg

Fringehead:

fringe1_s.jpg

Two species:

2nudispecies_s.jpg

You have my compliments.
Like those macro. The third one has something special to me...
BTW what fish is that?

Nice pics
Ciao

Thanks Azotomix. Common name is "one-spot fringehead blenny".

Great pics, Ken. How were the conditions at Morro Bay ?

riguerin
Good weather, cool and overcast topside, wind calm (61F in Morro Bay, 104F in Atascadero). Water was unusually cold (53F) but viz was a little better than usual, maybe 15-20 ft. I was there Monday and Tuesday of this week.

Nice shots. I'm going to be in SLO in a few weeks. Where do you dive in Morro Bay. I probably won't have my boat. Is there any decent shore diving?

Nice shots Parabolic.

How big were the Triopha? I saw one (I am pretty sure it was one) in Laguna recently but it was maybe a centimeter long and really thin. I understand that they get bigger though.

Great shots, love the nudis!

Thanks Nay. The Triopha were the largest I have ever seen. I saw three individuals, the smallest about 1.5 inches the largest, a school record, about 2.5-3 inches long.

Gorgeous nudis! Thanks for sharing. The "warm water wussie" in me still has a problem thinking about diving in 53 degree water in July, though!

debersole:
Gorgeous nudis! Thanks for sharing. The "warm water wussie" in me still has a problem thinking about diving in 53 degree water in July, though!

Thanks debersole. I understand fully. Like almost everything else in life, diving in cold water is a compromise. You weigh the pluses and minuses.......and buy a good drysuit! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom