Morrison Springs Wednesday 10/4/06 13:30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not if you have a pony bottle :28:

Ok no, not even I am that dorky :yuck:

Announcement: Nobody better even think about making fun of my drysuit because:
1. chances are if you are wearing a wetsuit and I am wearing a drysuit you are bigger than I am...
2. Chances are if you are bigger than I am you have greater muscle mass and probably a greater amount of body fat...
3. Chances are if you have more body fat than me you do not want me discussing it in public but I will not hesitate to do so if you make fun of my drysuit...

You have been warned :light:

MysteryDiveBuddy:
I don't have enough air for two dives and you-know-who would throw another jealous hissy fit...

how about just being able to show up and pick me up with my own truck, so I didn't need to beg for a ride home?

Goodlord, drysuit girl is threatening us with fatjokes :/ Don't I make enough of them about myself?

I wasn't going to joke :28:

There were two other yahoos there in drysuits, one of whom was wearing doubles and was kicking up silt (sorry pal, hope you're not an SB member :evil: ) and the other who had a leak in the knee of his suit.
I am presently in the doghouse because we swam WAY down the run not realizing it and somebody seems to think we were sitting around making jokes at his expense and generally dwadling or perhaps that we went to a strip club or something :shakehead
ANYWAY we saw the usual fish but down the run we saw some BIG pickerel and turtles and HUNDREDS of those spotted (I think) suckers shoaling and a smaller kind of sucker with different fins and some rather large bass. No gar and no large grass carp, the later being skittish and I suspect they "hear" our bubbles before we get anywhere near them. Best of all I didn't get cold and got to finally do two dives :D

If you see milkier areas of the run, swim into them, thats typically where you'll see the larger grass carp and just on the edge of visibility usually. We saw several 30-40lbers weekend before last.

Wasn't too milky yesterday. We got down to the point where the aquatic vegetation starts coming back and it's very shallow then the current picks up. That was the turn-around point.

MysteryDiveBuddy:
There were two other yahoos there in drysuits, one of whom was wearing doubles and was kicking up silt (sorry pal, hope you're not an SB member :evil: ) and the other who had a leak in the knee of his suit.

One guy also came down the hole with the back of his tank scraping all the way down the rocks...I was worried his first stage was going to hang or bust on the rocks. For a newbie like me I was just glad it wasn't me doing that.:D

I am presently in the doghouse because we swam WAY down the run not realizing it and somebody seems to think we were sitting around making jokes at his expense and generally dwadling or perhaps that we went to a strip club or something :shakehead

I will testify to the fact that the minute we got out of the water MDB jumped out of the dry suit and left so fast I didn't have my wetsuit off yet! We did swim a long way down the run looking around. Since we were following SeaYoda I guess we can blame it on him. Sorry SeaYoda, just trying to help MDB get out of the dog house.

So, did it work?

What's with the stealth edit? Or was the quote button befuddling you?
It was nobody's fault in particular, I just resent the implication that we were off at the dog track or something and that you two are covering for me. They were nice dives and I had fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom