Moving to Atlanta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi guys,

Long time listener, first time caller :D

Question for you.. that you might have an opinion on... I'm moving from the UK to Alpharetta/Atlanta next month and need to continue getting my fix of diving in! At least the water is a bit warmer over this side of the pond so I might be able to leave my drysuit behind! I'm BSAC qualified but from what I've read this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

But.. I'll need to research a bunch of new sites to try (thinking some of the springs in North Florida as well as the usual lakes), and I need some new buddies to dive with. Is there anyone in that area doing anything? Or any tips on where to look out for groups/clubs?

Thanks!

Rob

I recommend keeping the drysuit. I have seen temperatures below 50F in the summer.

why would a Brit want to go to an Irish pub?

:confused:

It's the only place you'll get a near decent brew that any Irish or Englishman will want to swill.
:cheers:

Welcome to Georgia! I am always up for a reason to dive, especially the springs! Our LDS is working on charters for Gray's Reef Marine Sanctuary and I will post upcoming trips as soon as I get the info. When it comes to good BRITISH PUBS, you need to come down to Savannah! We have 2 great pubs, CHURCHILL'S and the SIX PENCE! I am happy to put you up for the night! I am a good cook and southern hospitality is in our blood.

Happy diving!
Carolyn:sharks:
Churchill's Pub & Restaurant
Savannah bars historical yet fun - Features

Im starting to miss the mudpuddle,hope the water comes back up and warms some.Welcome to the area Rob,we should get started diving in this area soon,dont leave that drysuit home you will need it in Lake Lanier,summer temps are still in the 50s-6os at depth.

heh heh, this from a guy who dives wet....but takes as long to get into his suit as the drysuit guys ha ha!

'sup mark?

robjcamb,

Welcome to ScubaBoard and to Alpharetta, GA.
Let me know when you get here and I'll introduce you the the finest Irish pub in the area.
I live in the Alpharetta area.

Come dive with us !!!

the K

Hey Kraken, you have never shared this pub with me! I need to get a road trip together.

And a welcome to you robjcamb! The WAR (We Ain't Right) crew dives in Augusta. We have an excellent lake and river dive (many dive sites in the river). We are in the water every weekend all year long, so bring your 7mm and come join us any time. You can see our postings under Clarks Hill / Lake Thurmond.
:monkeydan

Would that be Meehans ??

Interesting, I was over there on a reccy trip a few weeks back, and I think we drove around for an hour trying to find a bar, and all the ones we new of around Alpharetta seemed to have shut down... except for one Irish place, but I forget the name now... I'm thinking there might be some mileage in setting up a bar selling some good beer!:D

Back
Top Bottom