Moving to Atlanta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Kraken, you have never shared this pub with me! I need to get a road trip together.

And a welcome to you robjcamb! The WAR (We Ain't Right) crew dives in Augusta. We have an excellent lake and river dive (many dive sites in the river). We are in the water every weekend all year long, so bring your 7mm and come join us any time. You can see our postings under Clarks Hill / Lake Thurmond.
:monkeydan

Thanks for the offer, I'll have to look you guys up when I get over there... 3 weeks and counting. Hmm, I really ought to think about packing up some stuff and getting it shipped over!

robjcamb,

Welcome to ScubaBoard and to Alpharetta, GA.
Let me know when you get here and I'll introduce you the the finest Irish pub in the area.
I live in the Alpharetta area.

Come dive with us !!!

the K

I might have to take you up on the offer... I'll get my drysuit packed - now find me a place that can do a pint of Landlord and you'll make an Englishman very happy!

Welcome to Hotlanta.

My wife is from Southport (UK).

We do weekend trips to the Springs, and Jetties all the time now.

When you get settled let us know.

:D

So does she prefer Merseyside or stateside??? I'll give you guys a shout when I get over there...

wotcha Rob!:D

I too am a Brit living in Alpharetta. Normally there is some decent (depending on your preference) diving at Lake Lanier which is very close and almost free. There are also a number of other dive locations within 2-3 hours driving - lakes and quarries. 4-5 hours puts you in the springs of the FL panhandle and northern FL. 6-7 hours to the NC dive locations.

There is normally a very active group of local divers. Up until the drought we are having here really kicked in we dove Lanier almost every weekend. Right now its a bit quiet as there isn't any diving there right now.

When you get here pm me and I'll dive with you. There are a couple of good rugger teams here too if you play. I was with Old White for a while, who are Div II. There are the Renegades who are I think Div I. There is also a cricket league believe it or not, though I've never played and can't vouch for the quality of the playing. Its pretty much Indian and Pakistani's though, so I'm sure there's some demon fast bowling!

oh, bring your drysuit!

Yeah I heard about the water levels when I was over there a couple of weeks back. Looked like it could be, er, entertaining trying to get to the water!

Cricket, not exactly my thing, so against the Indians, I guess the relative standards of play would be pretty much equal to the national teams...

Thinking I'm gonna get the neck/wrist seals on my suit replaced before I head over, unless anyone knows a good place to get work done locally? And leave the cylinders behind? They're just out of O2 test so I'm not sure the will is there to splash out for the privilage of having them rinsed out with some solvent! That and it would probably cost as much as they're worth to have them shipped :shakehead:

Yeah I heard about the water levels when I was over there a couple of weeks back. Looked like it could be, er, entertaining trying to get to the water!

Cricket, not exactly my thing, so against the Indians, I guess the relative standards of play would be pretty much equal to the national teams...

Thinking I'm gonna get the neck/wrist seals on my suit replaced before I head over, unless anyone knows a good place to get work done locally? And leave the cylinders behind? They're just out of O2 test so I'm not sure the will is there to splash out for the privilage of having them rinsed out with some solvent! That and it would probably cost as much as they're worth to have them shipped :shakehead:

Bill does good work on replacing seals at a fair price. Not super local, but if you are going to live in Atlanta, you'll likely dive Jocassee.
Off The Wall Charters

Bill does good work on replacing seals at a fair price. Not super local, but if you are going to live in Atlanta, you'll likely dive Jocassee.
Off The Wall Charters

Fantastic job! I have had neck and wrist seals done by him. Excellent price, high quality seals and extremely fast turn-around.
:monkeydan

So does she prefer Merseyside or stateside??? I'll give you guys a shout when I get over there...

Stateside over Merseyside she is saying. Easy...

She loves diving, and from us many of the Florida Springs are a nice day trip.

We get back to Southport a fair amount to visit her family.

Can you tell us more about the mud puddle. I have often want to dive there but no one at any of the LDS's will talk to me about it. If they aren't selling you a trip to FL then they don't want to talk about diving. I have heard that a few houses and barns were covered up when they dammed it up for the lake. I would love to come up there and dive when we visit my wifes parents. Any info is welcome.

once the water warms up some more the looneybirds will be out there diving regular. check out the lake lanier looneybird forum on here for dive planning and post dive reports.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom