Moving to Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan P

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well it looks like I'm going to be moving to Grand Cayman, probably around the first week in October. I'm very excited, both about my job and the island.

I've noticed a few Cayman locals posting here, so if anyone has any advice feel free. I've been madly doing google research for the past week. I'm relocating from Texas, single, and will be making around 50K CI.

My last diving was on the Aquacat in the Bahamas about 18 months ago.

Ryan

Ryan P:
Hi everyone,

Well it looks like I'm going to be moving to Grand Cayman, probably around the first week in October. I'm very excited, both about my job and the island.

I've noticed a few Cayman locals posting here, so if anyone has any advice feel free. I've been madly doing google research for the past week. I'm relocating from Texas, single, and will be making around 50K CI.

Ryan

Ryan,

You may just be the luckiest man alive. I wish I was you. Congrats and Good Luck!!

Pam

That doesn't suck.

Welcome to the rock.

Ryan P:
Hi everyone,

Ryan

ah come on take me with you!@!! Please....

I'm not saying I'm gay or that you are either, but if I marry you, will you take me with you?? :eyebrow:

Congratulations, Ryan. You are going to find out that you have more friends than you ever imagined. Where's the signup sheet for all of us to come down and visit!

Ryan P:
Hi everyone,

Ryan

From one Texan to another, enjoy your MOVE! I'd do it in a hearbeat if I could! Love on the Stingrays for me!

Good Luck and Best Wishes!

Marisa-t

Ryan P:
Hi everyone,

Ryan

WOW!

Congrats and have fun!

Thanks for all the support! I've now had marriage proposals from both girls and guys lol. I think I'll try it as a single for now :wink: .

You guys will probably kill me, when I say it was a very hard decision for me to take the job offer. I'm glad I did, though.

Any suggestions on where to live? I'm going to be working in Georgetown. I figure I can afford up to about $2000 CI a month, but it better be very nice for that! I'm thinking if I get a 2 bedroom, it will be a lot easier for friends and family to visit. I have found a couple cayman rental listings online, but it's very hard to dig through all the tourist stuff.

I visited Grand Cayman off a cruise ship 15 years ago(I'm 28 now). I don't remember the island very well, but I do remember the amazing scuba diving!

I bought all new scuba gear for my Bahamas trip, so I am set with that. Is it worth it to buy tanks if I am going to be diving often down there?

Ryan

Look for housing in the South Sound area. There is a nice variety of places that would fit your needs and price range.

Don't bother buying tanks. Easy enough to rent and some dive shops don't want to fill outside tanks. Further, the most popular shore diving sites have on-site shops which don't allow outside tanks. They have to make their money to pay for the basic facilities somehow.

Back
Top Bottom