Moving to Idaho

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Inspector#2:
I have never been to Seabase but my friends who have said the vis is around 7-15 feet and on occasion much less. Been to Blue Lake out of Wendover and the Midway Crater about 1 hour from Salt Lake City. Blue Lake is a natural hot (warm) spring with good vis until the students get there. Midway is a 60' deep, 20' across cylinder that used to be a geyser and the water sits around 90 degrees. Great after skiing Sundance all day. SLC and Wendover are around 5-6 hours from the AFB.
Dave

It is called Homestead Crater not Midway.

The good dive spots in Idaho are the high alpine lakes. Good viz, cold water at depth. Redfish, Alturas, Pettit, Stanley, Payette and Warm Lakes all have easy access. Then there are a number of mud holes that people go to because they are close. Stay away from anything with reservoir in the name, it equates to poor viz and mud hole.

What's a scuba tank cost out there in Idaho (i.e. should I sell mine here and buy a new one there?)

I drove over to Bruneau Dunes State Park Sunday to check out Dunes Lake. There are actually two lakes, a small one about 10 acres in size, and the main one approximately 90-100 acres. The water looked okay with viz of 10 feet from the dock. The local park ranger said that the deepest both lakes get is about 10-15 feet in a few areas. Most of it is very shallow. The small lake is a trophy Bass fishery. So for a 70 mile drive from Boise I don’t know if it is worth the travel. I would go over to Fisher Lake where the viz is 100+ ft.

-------
If you have a tank keep it, they are not cheap here and the best deal is over the internet for the Luxfer AL ones.

Ok! I'm here in Mtn Home looking for a dive this weekend. Any suggestions? I heard something about "blue hole" and Hagerman? Any info? Thanks!

whitedragon13:
Ok! I'm here in Mtn Home looking for a dive this weekend. Any suggestions? I heard something about "blue hole" and Hagerman? Any info? Thanks!

The Blue Hole is in Santa Rosa, New Mexico.

Where are you?

I'm in Mtn Home Idaho. I don't think the Santa Rose, Guam, or Belize Blue Holes are the one I'm looking for :) Supposedly, there's a warm spring called Blue Hole near here with awesome vis. Just can't find info on it.

whitedragon13:
I'm in Mtn Home Idaho. I don't think the Santa Rose, Guam, or Belize Blue Holes are the one I'm looking for :) Supposedly, there's a warm spring called Blue Hole near here with awesome vis. Just can't find info on it.

Can't help you with that--and I think the blue hole in Belize will be about as easy for you to reach as the one in New Mexico! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom