Moving to Utila...tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zen, a couple weeks!! Soo excited I can't wait!! Im planning on touching down in Utila 1st week in March. Still trying to find the best (and cheapest) way to get there...have found some quasi cheap flights from Houston to Roatan so I might head there and then try and make my way over to Utila.

Jay

Scuba-Jay:
Zen, a couple weeks!! Soo excited I can't wait!! Im planning on touching down in Utila 1st week in March. Still trying to find the best (and cheapest) way to get there...have found some quasi cheap flights from Houston to Roatan so I might head there and then try and make my way over to Utila.

Jay

check out american, they were cheaper then continental, I had to fly home early due to a work emergency.......also check out taca, if you can pick up a southwest special to Miami ( they re running s pecials for flights after 2/22) the taca flight from Miami
was the least expensive...I usually fly into san pedro, then Shirley usually arranges an atlantic flight for me from san pedro to cieba then either selene or atlantic from cieba to utila.......

did you find someone to take your dog?

Yeah a good friend of mine here has offered to take him as have some friends in Houston. Who is Shirley BTW? Im not familiar with Taca but would like to know more as im on a serious budget for this life change. X number of dollars to get me through months of DMing, IDC, MSDT, rent, food, flights and beer....this will be interesting as Im fond of the finer things in life!! I think it'll be fun!!!

I just got off the phone with TACA. I can get a flight from miami to San Pedro Sula for $269 or a flight direct to La Ceiba for $450 - big price difference, but if I fly direct to La Ceiba I dont need another connecting flight, just the ferry to Utila. Which one do you think would be cheaper, or should I continue to look at the Houston - Roatan - Utila option??

Jay,

I didn't recognize you with your new avatar. I demand that you change it back immediately - I already have enough trouble keeping things together, I can't take any more change!

Seriously - TACA is dirt cheap through both Miami and Houston. See if you have any FF miles that would get you cheap tickets to one of those cities (or free tickets) and hop a TACA flight. We picked up some $279 tickets to Roatan from TACA... why not hop a boat over to Utila from there?

who's avatar are you talking about? LOL

Jay, I think the Ferry is $50 round trip, and yes even if you are only going one way they make you pay the round trip fee.

Sorry Shirley from Deep blue....here's the link for Atlantic Airlines http://www.atlanticairlines.com.ni/

so you can get a price for the flight from San Pedro to Utila or to roatan
then the ferry from Roatan to utila which ever way you find is the least expensive...

Sosa Airlines also does domestic flights.....depends also on the days you're traveling

mon/wed/fri/sat are the days that atlantic fly

mon/wed/fri are the days that sosa flys

if you're traveling on tues/thurs/sunday then you have to take the ferry (4pm is the afternoon ferry) and if the weather is really bad, they don't go just an fyi

ZenDiva:
who's avatar are you talking about? LOL

I was referring to Jay's avatar, but I see that you've changed yours as well. I can't take all this change!! :laughing:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom