multi day dive packages?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey fellow divers,
thinking of dive vacation ( like us all eh?) down to CZM.
I am on a budget and wondering if anyone knows of a dive shop what does multi day dive pkgs? thinking 5 + days of diving. be there around 10 days and have all gear except tank weights..
from a bit of research all i find are the all inclusive type pks based on 2 persons, ( they discriminating us singles? ) As I dont have any one to join thats out...but donr want that to stop me from a dive vacation.

so if any one has any advise I am all ears.
cheers

Hey fellow divers,
I am on a budget and wondering if anyone knows of a dive shop what does multi day dive pkgs? thinking 5 + days of diving. be there around 10 days and have all gear except tank weights..
from a bit of research all i find are the all inclusive type pks based on 2 persons, ( they discriminating us singles? ) As I dont have any one to join thats out...but donr want that to stop me from a dive vacation.

cheers
Are you going to the dive ops directly? It's hard to believe that the ops are pushing double "occupancy" when there is no hotel involved.

Hey fellow divers,

cheers

We don't stay in hotels or resorts, preferring to rent condos. Consequently, all of our trips are reserved on a a la-carte basis. From my experience, most if not all of the ops offer multi-day pricing.

You need to surf some web sites. Many offer 5-6 *2 packages at great prices.

Most of the package deals through the dive shops that I have seen are quoted as double occupancy. I am sure you could work a deal out with them for single occupancy though. For a very tight budget look at Coral Reef Inn web site with Dive Paradise package, you can get a price for a single. There are many economical hotels in town you could book on your own, then book a multi package dive deal through many that offer discounts. I doubt you could get any cheaper than staying at Suites Bahia and diving with Tres Pelicanos. I have never dove with them but I have never seen anything slightly negative mentioned about them.

And let the cheerleading begin.

There have been a couple recent threads with lists of the "top 10" dive shops. It is agreed that the top 10 idea is silly, because there are a lot more than 10 excellent operations, but it's a helpful start.

The list in alphabetical order was:

Aldora
Blue Angel
Blue Magic
Blue XT Sea
Bottom Time Divers
Dive with Allison
Dive with Martin
Liquid Blue
Living Underwater
Tres Pelicanos

(I copied and pasted deepsea21's post of Sept. 6)

If your on a budget, Dive With Martin is probably the cheapest route to go. They include basic equipment in the rental as well if you don't bring your own. They are one of, if not the, oldest operators on the island. We have dove with them and the service is absolutely on par with the other ops we have dove with. The price may be lower, but the service is wonderful.

Home Page

$60 a day with free equipment rental is going to be hard to beat from a regular operation. A night dive for $30 is an even better deal. That's on a 6 pack boat as well. The majority of the ops will be around 80 a day for a 2 tank dive with Aldora running around $100. We dive Aldora now for the steel 120 tanks and insanely long bottom times. Dave with Aldora and Christy with Blue XTSea are devoted supporters of this site and deserve an email to see if they can gain your business. We have also dove with Blue Magic before and had wonderful service.

Also, getting to Coz on a budget, you may be able to save several hundred dollars by flying into Cancun, then taking the bus and ferry for around $20 each combined to get to Coz. Just do a search on Bag Drag and there are lots of posts on this forum about it. We do it, it's fun, and litterally requires carrying your bags less than a block. It so easy...a caveman.... Uhhh nevermind.

Good luck, safe travels.
Jay

thanks for the reply's every one.
yeah I want to stay in a hostel to meet other ppl + I like the hostel vibe so accommodation is taking care of.
I would bring my own gear. full setup.

I do like long bottoms times as I am pretty good on air and most of the time end up coming up as the hr is over not because I am out of air.

I know there are a lot of great dive shop on the island, but from what I searched they did not seam to offer much - a few dollars under 5 for a 5 days of diving.

I'll go check out martens web site now that sounds like what I am looking for.
cheers

Here are 5 day packages based on their website info
Aldora 465
Blue Angel 345
Blue Magic 370
BlueXtSea 400
Bottom Time 405
DWM 305
Liquid Blue 441
Living Under 465
Tres Pelicano 329

Prices do not include tax. And Aldora, Living Undrwater and I think Liquid Blue use steel tanks (thus a little higher). I couldn't find Alison's rates on her website.
Any errors are unintentional

Back
Top Bottom