multi day dive packages?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the package deals through the dive shops that I have seen are quoted as double occupancy.
Those are their hotel & dive packages, which many like as it makes shopping for a pair easier. Any of them can quote single diver, private room packages, and all can quote diving only packages. They usually have dive only packages on their sites. Many can offer discounts for cash as well, as credit cards charge them fees as well as charging you exchange fees.

I want to stay in a hostel to meet other ppl + I like the hostel vibe so accommodation is taking care of.
I would bring my own gear. full setup.
You probably do not want to spend money on taxis tho, or lug all of your gear to & from the dock. Ask the Ops you consider about leaving your gear with them. I leave some, some I take to my room, as I am a little pickier than some on some things.

I know there are a lot of great dive shop on the island, but from what I searched they did not seam to offer much - a few dollars under 5 for a 5 days of diving.
What do you really expect. They don't really save or make more if the same person dives 5 days or if 5 different people fill those slots. Most will give discounts to help encourage business, but nothing dramatic. My dive Op gave me a 5 day package discount even tho I was the only diver one day last trip. I go in late August when it's slow.

It's nice to show gratitude, whomever you are thanking for whatever. :p

I am trying to book a family group to your area for this summer, but the airline (only one works for us) just will not give me a break. They won't lower summer fares until two month prior, and I can't stand that risk. I really hate the idea of paying $3000 for tickets that may drop to $2000. o_O

1. almost all hotels, everywhere, base their pricing of double occupancy. Just the way it works.

2. almost all dive ops on the island offer mult-day dive packages and generally lower the per-day rate a little for the longer you dive with them.

almost all hotels, everywhere, base their pricing of double occupancy. Just the way it works.
Not in the way I shop, but yes on dive op Stay & Dive packages.

Without a doubt, Listen to Gopbroek... He is a master at staying dirt cheap on the Island & dives with 3P's as do I. Quite frankly, I think he spends more time on the island diving than he does working.

As he recommended, contact Jeanie via the Tres Pelicanos website, tell her what you are looking for and she'll provide all of their multi-dive discounts that beat about everyone else as well as recommend alternate places to stay if you elect not to go with one of their full dive/stay packages. For most of us on a budget... Diving is the most costly part of the trip. More than airfare, more than accomodations, more than food and drink. Believe me, Jeanie at 3P's will not lead you astray.

Last edited:
Let us know how the hostel works I almost paid my $13 just to check it out for the night.

Let us know how the hostel works I almost paid my $13 just to check it out for the night.
There are a number of hotels calling themselves Hostels, and at least six cheaper than that.

I am going to stay at Beds Friends Hostels in december. Its cheap and a good way of meeting people.

I really like hostels for that reason.... and the price.

I cant figure out paying 70$ US per night for hotel and breakfast on a 18 days trip.

So do they have lockers for your stuff that you aren't taking on the boat or do you just have to trust your roommates?

Back
Top Bottom