Mustaches, Beards & Face Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Always dived with a moustache - the amount of leakage can vary greatly by mask. I bought an expensive mask to see if I could eliminate the slight leaking from my no-name mask. It leaked so much I've never used it - went back to my no-name one that usually stops leaking on its own about half-way through the dive (maybe something about the 'stache getting thoroughly wet & less stiff at that point?).

I second the SeaVision, best fitting mask I've ever had but I do have one question. Have you figured out how to keep it from fogging? I've tried about everything and now back to the stuff they send with it. Only thing that seems to work is to put a good coat on and let it sit/dry for a day or two. Works great the first dive but is an issue for later ones.

Shave your stash underneath your nose and try a Sherwood Mako mask.....worked for me.

Your mask leaks from the top, not the bottom, air escapes to allow water in! My mask does not leak, but my mask fits! I have had facial hair for 40 years!

Your mask leaks from the top, not the bottom, air escapes to allow water in! My mask does not leak, but my mask fits! I have had facial hair for 40 years!

Then why not cut slits into the bottom of the mask to allow for drainage!

I have dived with an AGA mask without leaks as long as the top seals! I can take the bottom of MY mask off my face and NO water comes in! But I did take a physics class and Basic open water:wink: This weekend I reconfirmed my beliefs with my diving physicist fried named Pie!

I have dived with an AGA mask without leaks as long as the top seals! I can take the bottom of MY mask off my face and NO water comes in! But I did take a physics class and Basic open water:wink: This weekend I reconfirmed my beliefs with my diving physicist fried named Pie!

I can take the ENTIRE mask off of my face and no water comes in! I took physics in high school and I took an OW course too! I can't wait to try this test when I start diving again and do it IN the water!

Fried Pi?

Back
Top Bottom