My BP Failed !!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OneBrightGator:
Nice to see things are staying on the up-n-up on this family-oriented board.

That's why some of the more off-colour portions in a few previous posts have been edited out.

Please remember that people as young as 13 participate on this board.

Thanks,

KEVIN !!!

You owe me a keyboard ... :dropmouth

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Boogie711:
I guess if I jumped in the water with a jacket BC before doing up the fasteners and the cumberbund, I could post something about how "My Poodle Jacket failed..."

So if I suit up, and only slip my feet into the fin pockets without really, you know, pulling the spring straps over my heels - and sort of giant stride into the water... only to watch my Turtles sink into the abyss - could I post something about "how my spring straps failed....?"

:10:

Ken

You guys will be pleasantly surprized to hear what you 13 year old are talking about.......... Thanks, I will check my wing nuts before every tank position.

"Id say you failed."

Amen.

Are you using SS lock washers behind the wingnuts, as everyone should while using a STA?

OneBrightGator:
Nice to see things are staying on the up-n-up on this family-oriented board.

I don't know where your mind was at, but I was talking about diving safely with a backplate. It's hard to say anything constructive anymore.
To the guy with the BP issue... Use a pair of channel lock ***ers (rhymes with fires, starts with 'Pl') to snug them up.

CRDiver:
Are you using SS lock washers behind the wingnuts, as everyone should while using a STA?
Lock washers only work the first time you crush them, if you don't crush them or you reuse them they're worthless. One dive with your tank flopping is reminder enough to check your wingnuts before diving.

I use 2 stainless steel jam nuts on each bolt. Oh, yes, and carry a wrench in my accessories bag.

Back
Top Bottom