my first post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealab

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
hello:
If I should have posted this on another forum please excuse me for this is my first post on scubaboard. I will be diving in xcalak in aug. My question is does anybody have any experience with maragaritas hotel in downtown cancun? i have stayed downtown the last two years and like it better than the hotel zone. I did walk by it last year but did not get a chance to go inside and look around. If i can help anybody with questions about xcalak diving just e-mail me.

good diving
jimmy

I don't know anything about Maragaritas but I wanted to say welcome since no one has responded yet. My post may help bring this back to the top of the New Posts list and someone may be able to help! Good Luck!

This is the right forum for your question. I personally spend as little time as possible in Cancun, but hopefully someone on the board can give you the information you are asking for. you may want to pop over and say 'hi' in the "Intro and Greets" section, just to make it official. :)

Hi Sealab. First off welcome! I will be passing through Xcalak the end of next month. If I have a chance I will try and scope out the hotel for you. Drop me a PM sometime in mid to late April as a reminder and I will be happy to see if I can help. Maybe pop off a photo or two

sealab:
hello:
If I should have posted this on another forum please excuse me for this is my first post on scubaboard. I will be diving in xcalak in aug. My question is does anybody have any experience with maragaritas hotel in downtown cancun? i have stayed downtown the last two years and like it better than the hotel zone. I did walk by it last year but did not get a chance to go inside and look around. If i can help anybody with questions about xcalak diving just e-mail me.

good diving
jimmy

Jimmy,
Never stayed at Maragaritas Hotel but have stayed at the in-town Holiday Inn and liked it a lot. If you're in Cancun city at dinner time, we really like the Cielitos Linda.

If you're just in transit from the CUN airport on your way to Xcalak, you could always stop somewhere along the way like Playa del Carmen or Tulum and be that much closer when you wake up the next morning. Roads that far south are fine to travel at night but I wouldn't want to be driving south of Tulum in the dark.

JK
http://www.mxtravel.com/xcalak/xcalak_diving.html

Thanks to everyone who read my post. Teamheatwave where are you staying. I usually stay at marina mikes.(www.xcalak.com) I will try to remember to e-mail you before you leave on your trip.
Mediakzar, I have stayed in Akumal before and got up the next morning and drove down, it does make the drive easier and its easy to go to playa to the grocery store. I have stayed at novotel and the radisson in town but just wanted to give margaritas a try. It is near a lot of good resturants. We plan on getting back to cancun on sunday and leave for the states on tues. Just to have 2 nights and about a day and a half in cancun. You are right about not driving south of tulum at night. That's a great website link in your post also.
Again thanks and
good diving
jimmy

Back
Top Bottom