My First UW Camera!!! S90-Ike-s2000-UWL-04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forgot to mention - if you click on the bottom of each image you will get a larger version

Chris, Great shots and nice to see what that set up can do. My favorite was the turtle emerging from the reef.

Here is a short test vid showing the video capabilities of the camera which also shows how bright the FIX LED500DX is. This light works great as a focus light and a video light. I didn't shoot any video on my trip but hope to shoot some with my 7D in the future. A few things, 1) the lens hood is not correctly aligned, I forgot my alan wrench set, 2) I shot this at 35mm to eliminate vignetting, and 3) the FIX light has a strong hot spot - I bought the Fix diffuser which corrected this.

S90 Video Test

Update: I am officially hooked! I talked it over with my wife and we are going to get a housing for my 7D so look for this rig in the classifieds...it's a great camera but I want more!!!

Thanks Chris. Is this video clip without the diffuser?

Somebody went to a lot of trouble, making that "coral!"

As nice as your S90 photos are, I really look forward to seeing what you can do with the 7D.

Yes, this is without the diffuser, I don't have any samples with it on but I could visually see the difference on my dives - no hot spot.

LOL, that reef creation done for an UW photo workshop my LDS put on...we had 4 hours of course work and spent an hour in the pool trying out what we had learned...it was awesome. I think the shop is going to keep it for future classes.

Thx, I really like this camera/rig...not too bad for my first images. If I can't get my asking price, or something close, I may keep it as a second rig and use it for macro work...it would be nice to have a 7D and an S90 on a dive together. The 7D is a great camera and I love its video capabilities...can't wait to test it under the seas...

One more picture from Roatan..

Attachments

• roatan_14sm.jpg
    roatan_14sm.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 97
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom