My new Fourth Element Drysuit finally arrived!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I finally got my new drysuit. Tried it on,... Yes, it is definitely a custom fit. With my thickest undergarment,I had just enough room to get into it,... nothing more. I only rarely wear the thickest garments, so my normal ones should be a good fit. The only downside,... the wait. I ordered the suit in mid March & it just now arrived. I have yet to get it in the water, but quality looks to be top notch!

Drysuit.jpg
Drysuit 1.jpg

Fit looks spot on. Enjoy the suit

Doctor letting you dive again? Cool.
Yes. He was forewarned by another physician friend, that I am an avid diver. My glucose levels are now nearly leveled off to normal levels with no serious crashes. Plus, I constantly monitor my levels before & after diving & adjust my eating/ snacking accordingly to keep things on an even keel. I have gotten back into it gradually, slowly testing longer, more challenging dives.

Well,... got the suit in the water. Only one complaint,.... I had latex seals installed & they put on heavy duty seals. Unfortunately the seal are (from the factory) cut much too big for my tiny wrists.I have to slide the seals nearly 1/2 way up my forearm to get it to seal at all. Otherwise the suit is a perfect, streamlined fit.

Last edited:
I've been eyeing this suit and a cf 200 to replace my tls 350. How does it compare to your old 350?

The long run will really tell the story. When I got my TLS suits 7 & 8 yrs ago, I was at 230 lbs. Over the past 3 yrs, I slowly dropped to 175 lbs & the suits became very baggy. They were originally custom made to me. I was at 175 lbs when I was measured by Fourth Element & have lost weight to 160 lbs. The suit still fits very well with my fleece undergarments (about 350gm). I have had problems with my DUI suits springing leaks here & there & has been steadily getting worse. Each of my DUI's have about 400- 500 dives on them. They are just worn out. The Fourth Element suit, so far has proven to be tough. On one of my first dives in it, I tripped & fell onto my knees with my doubles,.. the suit passed that test,... However I will likely get knee pads installed, when I get the zip seals installed on it. The suit has very little drag & seems to be more sturdy than the TLS. I also like the slightly offset inflator valve. easier to find & get to, regardless of the configuration I'm using.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom