My tanks, Mine, Mine I tell you!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been using paint pens for years to mark my gear and, other than having to occasionally redo the label, I've never noticed a problem. Most of my tanks are painted and there doesn't appear to be any damage to the finish - certainly less damage than happens playing tank skittles on the boat or shore...

The paint pen is also removable, should you ever wish to sell.

I used a paint pen to mark all of mine and it works great and has never come off. Also, I just rattle canned my 80's with the most hideous bright yellow I could find right over the white paint. It looks like crap and I doubt mine would ever be mistaken for anyone elses. The paint was pretty thin so the shop has no problem doing a visual on them.

Some shops don't like stickers because the have to peel them off to do a good visual.

Scott

I stamp mine near the neck, with my "personal number."
Rick

cable ties round the neck (of the tanks) you can get them in different colours too.

Michael

When I got my tanks I bought some 4 or 5 inch wide reflective tape (that they use on the sides of some police cars) and I put a band around the lower area of the tank just above the tank boot.

It makes it ez to spot above water and reflects well on night dives ; your buddy shine on the tank and its almost like a tail light. You can get assorted colors but brite yellow and white seem to work best.

Ron

I use the same kind of tape as Ron T, You can see it very well at night with just a little bit of light, and I have my name inside the boot on the bottom of the tanks.

Back
Top Bottom