N2ition Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not that WE have abandoned it, it is that Seiko Epson is not willing to spend the money to make it compatible, although many differnet companies are selling their computers. I really don't understand their logic, but they simply refuse.

If we did it ourselves, the price of the computer wouldn't be affordable...especially when other companies would be selling these computers without the added cost!!

Sorry.

I know that you must appreciate that from the point of view of the consumer who buys a Zeagle branded product (not Seiko Epson), the issues that you have with your manufacturer/supplier are irrelevant. I bought an N2ition 3 computer, in large part, based on the reputation and strength of the Zeagle brand. It isn't unreasonable for the consumer to assume that an expensive electronic device would be supported with basic firmware updates to accommodate platforms commonly used by users of the product.

Ultimately, from the consumer's perspective, it calls into question the reliability of the Zeagle brand. How does the consumer know that the product that it purchases won't be affected by future manufacturer/supplier problems that could affect future support or service?

It looks like the decision to partner with Seiko Epson was a bad corporate decision. It's unfortunate, not just for the consumer, but for Zeagle as your brand and reputation are the ones on the line.

I fully understand that. Things that we control (BC's, regulators, etc) obviously work out better for us than dive computers and wetsuits/drysuits, where our hands are more tied and we are not the actual manufacturer.

Edited to add: You can see that Dive Rite had the exact same problem, to the point that they finally ended up just giving up...maybe that is our next step???

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dive-rite/340717-nitek-duo-trio-x64.html

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom