NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know what rumor
Then you're not as perceptive as I thought you are or you don't know what a rumor is. You and litehedded have hijacked this (and another) thread enough. Let's stick to the OP. If you want to discuss it further, you can PM me. I doubt that you really want to understand. Yes, that's my opinion and not a rumor.

......the soapy continues....... You guys are very special...

It would be nice to see some people on the board who aren't CI's... :wink:

Safe diving,

Rich

By history the NACD is a training agency that later became more of a membership organization. The NACD bylaws reflect this by having more instructor board members than noninstructor. This is an area that the NACD needs to reflect and see if change is needed. For example do they derive more revenue from general membership or from instruction which is processing c-cards, books etc. If the NACD is getting more money from the general membership they need to make themselves appealing to the general membership by changing the bylaws to allow more member representation. If you look at the ratio of membership to active instructors, having more instructors on the board than members is like Rhode Island having the same number of representatives in the House of Representatives as California. This is one area of weakness I see with the NACD structure in their bylaws, and area of strength I see is that require some volunteer effort before you qualify to run for the board-only wish they would be specific in the bylaws as to what this volunteer has to do to qualify.

Is it going to be something like this?

Plastic C-Cards: Yesterday's News

gonna be a bit of a problem with Peacock wanting cards on the dash board eh? I can see it for all of the bs certs from the recreational agencies, but for important cards I'll take plastic. I carry Nitrox Diver, and Technical Cave. If those three cards don't get me what I need, something is seriously wrong. Add DPV card if you dive Ginnie regularly, and maybe an AN/DP card if the people don't understand Technical Cave to get O2, but other than that, only other one you might ever need is a professional card if you're actively teaching or DM etc. I applaud them for at least giving the option. I didn't have a whole bunch of cards ordered because I knew I'd never carry them so didn't waste the money.

gonna be a bit of a problem with Peacock wanting cards on the dash board eh? I can see it for all of the bs certs from the recreational agencies, but for important cards I'll take plastic. I carry Nitrox Diver, and Technical Cave. If those three cards don't get me what I need, something is seriously wrong. Add DPV card if you dive Ginnie regularly, and maybe an AN/DP card if the people don't understand Technical Cave to get O2, but other than that, only other one you might ever need is a professional card if you're actively teaching or DM etc. I applaud them for at least giving the option. I didn't have a whole bunch of cards ordered because I knew I'd never carry them so didn't waste the money.
My NACD apprentice card was just laminated paper. I think this is a non issue.

if they already have the card printers though it's not like it is going to save them any money. It actually probably costs about the same to laminate paper due to the labor involved than just hitting print on the card printers. I can see them laminating paper cards on a temporary cert though, makes it distinct enough to potentially raise a question. Big difference than digital cards though like NASE has moved to

I like hard copy C-cards more than digital for a variety of reasons. Imagine the joy of discovery that a kid's great great grandfather was a cave diver when an old C-card is found in the attic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom