NACD Intro - 58cf Limit - Why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I will give dive aholic a thanks and a likes for answering the ? before it goes to page 2.

Displaying the math right or wrong, 2000 psi for a single small tank is reasonable for a cave dive to be done.

The reason I say this is look at how many cave divers die who carry a whole lot of CF, yes even over the weekend, I would beg to say it might be safer to cave dive with a single tank as you can only go so far.

I'm perfectly happy diving a pair of hundreds and sucking down only a sixth of my gas. :)

I would beg to say it might be safer to cave dive with a single tank as you can only go so far.

You will not find a cave diver that agrees. I will never go into a cave with a single tank, not even a steel 120. H-valves count for the SDI solo cert because it is solo recreational diving.

I'm perfectly happy diving a pair of hundreds and sucking down only a sixth of my gas. :)

Geniunely curious: why 100's?

I guess I will give dive aholic a thanks and a likes for answering the ? before it goes to page 2.

Displaying the math right or wrong, 2000 psi for a single small tank is reasonable for a cave dive to be done.

The reason I say this is look at how many cave divers die who carry a whole lot of CF, yes even over the weekend, I would beg to say it might be safer to cave dive with a single tank as you can only go so far.

You must know a lot about cave diving. Please, continue to bless us with your nuggets of wisdom.

Well, isn't VDGM's statement the rationale for at least one agency not generally approving teaching cavern or Intro in doubles?

If you know so much how come there were 2 dive accidents this past weekend, obviously dying is part of your training.

I wont argue the point cave diving is dangerous if you are not experienced at it. Extreme cave diving is more so.

If you only go a few hundred feet in a cave with a single tank, your chances are better then over 20 cave diver deaths with tons of gear.

Cave diving really is fun and I love the caves in europe and I never took a chance ever that I could not make my way out of.

As Jax is studying and ask this ? there are dive certs as TS&M has mention that still teach it, for I wonder why is it so unreasonable to understand it is more than likely safer.

I also did not say a couple of divers entered a cave got silted out and died and had single al80's both empty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom