NACD Intro - 58cf Limit - Why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As Jax is studying and ask this ? there are dive certs as TS&M has mention that still teach it, for I wonder why is it so unreasonable to understand it is more than likely safer.

I also did not say a couple of divers entered a cave got silted out and died and had single al80's both empty.

Actually (y'all chime in if I am off the mark!), the agencies don't want people to try and tackle beginning cave AND Doubles at the same time. So, they allow single tanks with H or Y valves.

Doubles MAY be used at the discretion of the instructor.

I referred my cave instructor to my sidemount instructor and got the okay for doubles. :)

As Jax is studying and ask this ? there are dive certs as TS&M has mention that still teach it, for I wonder why is it so unreasonable to understand it is more than likely safer.

I also did not say a couple of divers entered a cave got silted out and died and had single al80's both empty.

On your second point -- even tho the single tank diver is supposed to go in only to their thirds, that is not a lot of gas if the SHTF. Especially with a new diver, that puppy will be panting and scrambling, etc.

If the single tank diver stays on 3rds, and I in doubles stay on 1/6s, that is the same amount of gas, basically. But I will have gallons more air if the situation goes pie-shaped. That will help reduce some of the stress.

How am I doing, guys? :)

Actually (y'all chime in if I am off the mark!), the agencies don't want people to try and tackle beginning cave AND Doubles at the same time. So, they allow single tanks with H or Y valves.

Doubles MAY be used at the discretion of the instructor.

I referred my cave instructor to my sidemount instructor and got the okay for doubles.
icosm14.gif

Having learned the hard way, if your instructor doesn't INSIST you use a double tank configuration, I would run. Visiting a cave diving museum is much cheaper than taking a class from one.

My instructor has high standards, and I don't want to waste our time with me not having the book knowledge down.

On the other hand, I'm pelting him with bazillions of questions. :giggle:

I'm just saving all the trivia questions for the board. :angel:

If you had half as many cave dives as you do posts about cave diving, you'd be the next Sheck.

Take a class.

If you had half as many cave dives as you do posts about cave diving, you'd be the next Sheck.

Take a class.

I am! :mooner:

So far so good jaxy, just remember one thing that one of the first cave divers did, wax your matches so when you come up and no lights working you have enough light to think. There is a reason they put people in pure darkness and that is they will do anything to get out. He also discovered the very first statue in the world in that cave.

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom