NASE Certification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just providing details.

There is a bit more to it than merely showing a c-card from another agency or "evidence of diving experience." To get a PADI OW C-card, you must get in the water with a PADI instructor, and take an exam.

The money jab was more directed toward the general idea which seemed to be edging into this thread that getting a c-card from an additional agency might be a mere formality. Not directed at any comment you made Walter.

Walter once bubbled...

How does that differ from, "The purpose of the Experienced Diver program is to allow you to certify divers who are not certified, but who can provide proof of scuba experience,"?

Walter:

It did come across as a cash for card statement. You had me looking for my Instructor Manual.

The proof of experience is only the first step. The diver still needs to demonstrate appropriate skills and knowledge before certification.

That's where I see the big difference.

Drew,

Very good, the way you quoted me it looked as if you were disputing what I said rather than clarifying. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Northeastwrecks.

Sorry it came across that way. I was trying to point out that programs did exist. Following closely on other's statements and questions such as:

"you can take your checkbook and her C Card down to your LDS and order a card from another agency"

and

"So you're saying that I can take my SSI C-card to my local PADI DS and for a fee they'll issue me a PADI c-card?"

I can see how it could look that way.

Thanks to both of you for the feedback.

There seems to be a very basic misunderstanding here - there is no "cards for cash" program from any agency. There is a degree of reciprocity, especially among members of the Universal Referral Program (YMCA, SSI, NAUI, IDEA, PDIC, NASDS), where a C-Card and demonstrated proficiency allows issuance of another agency's C-Card. Why would it be otherwise? The C-card is a statement of one's having met standards, and another agency's C-card is proof of having done so for most of those standards. No one is issuing a card without proof the applicant has met the standards of the issuing agency, whatever that takes.
Rick

FLHOG once bubbled...
I am going to Belize next month on my honeymoon and I just realized that my fiance's certification is NASE. I am not familiar with this certification and am worried that it might not be recognized by dive shops there. I am staying on Caye Caulker and will use the dive shops in that area.

Any info would be a big help.

Thanks!

a_l_watts@yahoo.com

I know NASE has been in Lexington for at least 7 yrs. now. I know of two instructors in the city.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom