Nasonex "tunnel vision" effects on deeper dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did another tec dive today to 52m on air, this time I, told my buddy that I wanted to descent slow, it was as well a shore dive so I had visual reference even that it kind of a wall, no tunnel vision, no anxiety, just my normal breathing rate, dive was excellent, very nice wreck, best tec dive so far, really enjoyed this one.

I believe, I'm on the right track regarding fast descents without reference, makes me anxious/nerveus.

I understand Bennos concerns, and agree that Air dives in EU conditions require a Helitrox mix, but here in Curacao, they do air dives often at these depths, you can't compare visibility and water temp from the caribbean with Europe.

N2 narcosis is a very bold thing that affects people different and in different days, you can be heavily narced at 30m one day and not it all another day, does that mean that you have to use Helium each dive, I don't see it like that, if it was cheap and readily available I have no problem to use it, not in this case.

I understand Bennos concerns, and agree that Air dives in EU conditions require a Helitrox mix, but here in Curacao, they do air dives often at these depths, you can't compare visibility and water temp from the caribbean with Europe.

N2 narcosis is a very bold thing that affects people different and in different days, you can be heavily narced at 30m one day and not it all another day, does that mean that you have to use Helium each dive, I don't see it like that, if it was cheap and readily available I have no problem to use it, not in this case.
Since a person's reaction can vary, it makes sense to get trained to use various gas mixtures, and practice them regularly, in case a dive comes up in which you want to be sure you won't get narced such as a particular objective. This is the advice I am following any way. Setting up classes this spring.

I do more air dives than what I do with helium and EAN, I do EAN dives from 35 to 40m, Helium with 40 to 50m in the EU, and I do air dives up to 55m in the Caribbean.

What EAN mix% do you use on 35-40m dives, Remy?

I did another tec dive today to 52m on air, this time I, told my buddy that I wanted to descent slow, it was as well a shore dive so I had visual reference even that it kind of a wall, no tunnel vision, no anxiety, just my normal breathing rate, dive was excellent, very nice wreck, best tec dive so far, really enjoyed this one.

I believe, I'm on the right track regarding fast descents without reference, makes me anxious/nerveus.

Remy,

For the record, visibility and water temperature may be aggravating factors in nitrogen narcosis but good vis and warm water are not justification for using air on deep dives. Your slow descent may have helped you here. You may want to consider descending slowly whether or not you have a reference point.

Best regards,
DDM

Remy,

For the record, visibility and water temperature may be aggravating factors in nitrogen narcosis but good vis and warm water are not justification for using air on deep dives. Your slow descent may have helped you here. You may want to consider descending slowly whether or not you have a reference point.

Best regards,
DDM

Most definitely I will let all my buddies know that I will descend slowly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom