Question Nathaniel P. Reed Hobe Sound National Wildlife Refuge Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrChen

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone tried shore diving from here? Looking at google maps, it looks doable.

1687750789598.png

Just wondering if you have checked with them to see if that is allowed? Not trying to dissuade you but you the government owns that beach and they may be funny about it.

We have beaches in FL that you aren't allowed to do shore dives at, other than protected places like a nuclear power plant, port, or a military base?

Some state parks don't allow diving. that's why I would check.

You might be better off doing the Georges Valentine off Stuart if you haven't already. I have hit it a few times. Better than Bathtub. I suspect that spot in Hobe Sound would be similar to Bathtub.

PB_1489929906121.png

You might be better off doing the Georges Valentine off Stuart if you haven't already. I have hit it a few times. Better than Bathtub. I suspect that spot in Hobe Sound would be similar to Bathtub.

View attachment 789664
That looks fun could you give us a little more info on that like where to park and what beach to go off of.

That looks fun could you give us a little more info on that like where to park and what beach to go off of.

This site has info...parking is slim.
I got lucky with a good vis day for that photo...usually it isn't so good.
The visibility of the wreck itself will vary as sand buries it and then a storm may reveal it.
Last time I was there minding my own business with buoy off course, a boat anchored on it and started chumming with chunks of baracuda. Apparently he was pretty pissed I was there and stuck his head in the water off his boat and screamed at me and flipped me off.
Ymmv

I emailed them, I'll share what they say.

This site has info...parking is slim.
I got lucky with a good vis day for that photo...usually it isn't so good.
The visibility of the wreck itself will vary as sand buries it and then a storm may reveal it.
Last time I was there minding my own business with buoy off course, a boat anchored on it and started chumming with chunks of baracuda. Apparently he was pretty pissed I was there and stuck his head in the water off his boat and screamed at me and flipped me off.
Ymmv
I live in Stuart and have wanted to check that site out but conditions have never aligned with my schedule.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom