NCO Humor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squalus:
Might get to those before I leave. Can you send some heat? It has been -4 here for the past few days. Kinda hard to run when your lungs are frozen.

Can you send me some of that cold? It's hard to get into the Christmas spirit when the daily temps are still in the 80's. It is getting pretty cool at night but since I'm back down in Baghdad and no longer in Sulaymaniyah (mountains) I haven't had to break out any snivel-gear yet.

Frank, where in middle TN are you? I'll be returning to Ft. Campbell in a little over a month and hope to link up with some dive buddies. Of course, there will probably be snow on the ground so there won't be much chance of me getting in that water with just a 3mm farmer-john wetsuit. Also, do you know if the Aquarium Restaurant in the Opry-Mills mall allows divers in there to help clean the tanks. Any chance to get in some warm water during the winter months is always a good thing.

I'm in Shelbyville. I don't know if the Aquarium restaurant allows divers. That would be a neat thing to find out, though. :) Congrats on coming home soon! When you get back, let's hook up and check out that place. Either that, or we can take a quick weekend jaunt down to Panama City Beach. :) See ya' soon.

Looking forward to it! Also, my brother (Firebrand) lives down in Huntsville, AL so he might be able to come up to Nashville if the aquarium restaurant is diveable. If not, we can swing by and pick him up on a stint down to PCB.

Having eaten at the Aquarium restaurant several times, I can say that they definately don't allow just anyone to dive to clean the tanks. They have one or two divers whom they routinely rely on to feed the fish and clean the tank. The last time I was there, their diver was in the water, and I gave him the "OK" signal from across the room - and he returned it! I told the staff if they need an extra diver, I'm available. They haven't called me yet.

Bummer. Of course, there are always quarries and PC Beach.

I'll do one better...I'll wear my wetsuit and mask, and carry my fins!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom