NDL Limit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitrogen uploading and off gassing does change with various factors - hydration, diver fitness, etc. The question wasn't about uploading and off gassing, it was about NDL's.

Meeting minimum PADI standards doesn't meet my definition of competent.

I will give you that Walter. I will also take some advise. If you had to reccomend an agency that would "challange" me more than PADI obviously does, what would it be? I will be the first to admit, from what I know, PADI does not have the most demanding standards. I also agree that "minimum standards" may not be enough. With all the debate as to which agency is better, hard to make an informed choice.

Find a highly knowledgable instructer who is going to teach you. Not one that sits you in front of a video, then has you do the skills once. Dont look for key terms like padi,naui,tdi,sdi...
If you look at the cover of the book you will never know its contents. You need get inside the instructers head and pull from his experiences as well as the "basic skills" required to pass the course.

double125's once bubbled...
Find a highly knowledgable instructer who is going to teach you. Not one that sits you in front of a video, then has you do the skills once. Dont look for key terms like padi,naui,tdi,sdi...
If you look at the cover of the book you will never know its contents. You need get inside the instructers head and pull from his experiences as well as the "basic skills" required to pass the course.

Thats his big problem. He has no one locally that is highly experienced. Makes me glad i live where i do sometimes. I wont mention our idiot governor though :D Thats the downside of living in CA :eek:ut:

Well guys it was fun, amazing what you can learn from one ill asked question. I appreciate the help and comments. I'm sure I will get thru this and be better for it. With that said, I am out of here and away for a weeks vacation. I will take your advise doubles and try to find the right book:) As A former zoomie, I will aim high:D I will miss you the most Corn:) :)

scubasean once bubbled...

Did you sign the recall petitions?

Yes i did along with everyone else i know. The bad part is that its probably gonna cost more to recall him than what its worth. Its a no win situation either way it seems. Because of him there are gonna be a bunch of state workers going to minimum wage soon if the budget isnt passed......me included. This is as bad as when they gave us
I.O.U's a longtime ago.

lal7176 once bubbled...

Yes i did along with everyone else i know. The bad part is that its probably gonna cost more to recall him than what its worth. Its a no win situation either way it seems. Because of him there are gonna be a bunch of state workers going to minimum wage soon if the budget isnt passed......me included. This is as bad as when they gave us
I.O.U's a longtime ago.

Its much more than the budget. Most folks I know are upset about the energy fiasco, and some attribute that to mismanagement, although much of that issue happened on some else's watch.

I wish you well...

MISFIT DIVER once bubbled...
I will miss you the most Corn:) :)

I'm touched. :blush:

Enjoy your trip.

Cornfed

Back
Top Bottom