Need 5 dives in SD this week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't do morning - afternoon works! Anyone - anyone? I think I am going to go to the Cove and see if I can meet some people to dive with. Sean got 5 dives in this week already - 5 in 3 days! That was my goal - can't have him do it if I can't!

ryanarcher:
Can't do morning - afternoon works! Anyone - anyone? I think I am going to go to the Cove and see if I can meet some people to dive with. Sean got 5 dives in this week already - 5 in 3 days! That was my goal - can't have him do it if I can't!
Ryan,

Congrats on accomplishing your mission!

Christian

I haven't gotten there yet :( It is 4pm and I have no dive buddies for today! I am just going to hit the Cove and see who I meet I guess! Damn Open House at school - without that I would have been fine. I could have had the 2 dives with Terry and Sean last night and rested today. Oh well - onward and downward (in the water) I hope!

Shakazulu wrote:

Very simple, his wife is an accountant and drives the Lexus. He told her that it would be better for him to buy a tank, that way he will save money. She ripped out the calculator and viola, at 15 dives a month, he should be able to break even in two years. Dive Ryan, dive............ (I'll keep the insurance story quiet)

Oh this is hilarious!

Well it's over :( I got 4 dives but not 5. I went to the Cove today at 5pm and I got the closest spot possible to the stairs - I figured that had to be good karma! I walked around and looked for some divers that were going to go out - but I didn't find any. Some guy pulled up in the 3 minute drop off zone and I asked him if he was diving and he wasn't sure. He decided to get in the water so we dove! We did a low tide Alligator Head entry - workable if you can get down on the lower rock and wait for a high wave to get out on...not pretty, but not a long swim either. We kicked out to the kelp and dropped down into the cold murky water. The usual fish were out there and a very curious seal! We saw quite a few school's of fish and many lobster of course. On the way back in we saw a horn shark just laying on the bottom hanging out. I did what I always seem to do on this dive and swam all the way to the caves :( We surfaced and kicked in. Over all a decent, cold and fun dive.

I asked if he wanted to do another dive and explained my 15 dive a month plan. He didn't have another tank - and I told him I'd wait while he filled up his tank at OEX...but he wasn't up for it. I hung out for about 45 minutes waiting for some night divers to show up...but I guess word was out that the viz is down because I didn't see anyone there so I left around 7:15 or so.

So I didn't get my 15 dives in for the month...so I guess I'll have to get 16 in October!

ryanarcher:
Well it's over :( I got 4 dives but not 5. I went to the Cove today at 5pm and I got the closest spot possible to the stairs - I figured that had to be good karma! I walked around and looked for some divers that were going to go out - but I didn't find any. Some guy pulled up in the 3 minute drop off zone and I asked him if he was diving and he wasn't sure. He decided to get in the water so we dove! We did a low tide Alligator Head entry - workable if you can get down on the lower rock and wait for a high wave to get out on...not pretty, but not a long swim either. We kicked out to the kelp and dropped down into the cold murky water. The usual fish were out there and a very curious seal! We saw quite a few school's of fish and many lobster of course. On the way back in we saw a horn shark just laying on the bottom hanging out. I did what I always seem to do on this dive and swam all the way to the caves :( We surfaced and kicked in. Over all a decent, cold and fun dive.

I asked if he wanted to do another dive and explained my 15 dive a month plan. He didn't have another tank - and I told him I'd wait while he filled up his tank at OEX...but he wasn't up for it. I hung out for about 45 minutes waiting for some night divers to show up...but I guess word was out that the viz is down because I didn't see anyone there so I left around 7:15 or so.

So I didn't get my 15 dives in for the month...so I guess I'll have to get 16 in October!
Well it certainly wasn't because you didn't try!

So you were just hanging out on a street corner waiting for a diver? I can see it now, "Hey man, can you help me score a dive?" :11:

October will just have to be a "super" month for your diving.

So, here's wishing you good luck in October! :crafty:

Christian

Thanks for the wish of good luck! I am going to start strong and try to get in 2 tanks on Sat morning...and another Sunday morning. That is a great start!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom