Need a dive operator who can meet our needs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I did a search of this forum but all the posts I find are from people who WANT to be hand held throughout their dives. I don't want nor need this service. All We need is an operator on Oahu who can provide Nitrox tanks (doubles would be nice, as would DIN tanks-but not necessary). Allowing us a full hour to dive each dive, and at least a half way decent dive briefing :D

We used Island Divers a couple of years ago and we were happy with the total hands off approach they gave us. But now I am hearing a lot of negative things about them to include poor customer service and DMs who don't understand why we do deep stops and dive with long hoses.

AAA Diving was recommended but they have not returned my email from 2 days ago where I asked some questions and a quote for 8 full days of diving. Easy question I thought. Doesn't fare well for them at this point.

So---any takers out there? We 2 experienced divers (DIR) and hubby is a DM and GUE Trimix certified. Not resort divers. Would love to have a DM who wants to be part of our team but with the understanding that our deep stops are not negotiable.

Anyone? Our dates of diving will be 11 Jan through 17 January. Interested in more than 2 dives per day.

Last edited:
Which island? I'm assuming you're going to Oahu? since you mention AAA.

Jo @ Island Divers would be the tek-man to talk to. Or, Captain Scotty.... posts as Dive West Oahu. Finally, you might be able to get a dive in with Sherman AKA Scuba and Dream

G

Thanks Gabe. Hubby is the one who is Trimix certified and he would probably enjoy a Trimix dive. However, little old me is still stuck in the recreational limits world. I'll try Jo but I would still like to get other options since we do want to dive all week and a packaged price would be good.

Any other suggestions?

Hi Mickey,
I can assure you that all of our staff understands deep stops and long hose setups. True, we've had some "lemons" in the past in terms of customer service but they've since been let go. We also have unlimited diving packages as well as trimix available for your husband. Call me at the shop and I can help you out.

Louie

Thanks Louie. Glad to hear you're on top of the citrus problem :D.
It really only takes one bad experience (or two) to ruin a good rep. One of us will be giving you a call this week to book our trip.

Irene

Good Luck unless you would like private charter only real way to make sure you get what you want.

I disagree. I'm not asking for anything outlandish. Island Divers provided this 2 years ago and so does AAA diving.

It sounds like you are implying that Hawaii dive operators don't try to cater to experienced divers. I suspect that's true for a lot of them since they seem to market to non certified people.

I've booked with IDH again and I am sure that they can provide what we as experienced divers want. Which is simple. Don't treat me like I'm a newbie and let me do my own profile.

Thank you to all who gave input.

Back
Top Bottom