Need a Diver near Pittsburgh (Blanchard) PA to solve a mystery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
I supervise an underwater criminal investigations team. There is no reason law enforcement should not be anxious to check this out. I suspect the folks you talked to are not very imaginative. If the local police aren't equipped to do this and don't want to then I would contact the state police. I suspect they can get divers on it PDQ.

FWIW, most dive teams have a minimum number of dives they must make every month and they often just do training dives to get the stats. Diving on a real call is much better as it can solve a crime and result in better stats for the dive team. At budget time when every dollar being spent is scrutinized it is better to recover a stolen vehicle than to put down a training dive.
God forbid there is a stiff in the car but if so I bet they could budget themselves new drysuits next year and actually get them.

Call the state police or contact the local dive team directly and let them know of the car. They are like the Maytag repairman just waiting for the call to come in. Let us know what they find.

^ agreed. I am really interested to see how it plays out. Wish I was there! I've got a dry suit but it is so intriguing I'd go in a shorty 3 mil just to see what it is all about!!!

Well, according to Charlie, the State Police dove on it last week and confirmed it was a vehicle. Duh!

There was also a little comotion with the local Park Rangers or DNR (prior to State Police diving on it). They basically told Charlie to leave it alone and they knew all about it. This was said after they had gone out with a fish finder and said it was a bridge piling. What a joke! He said he felt threatened by the official and also like someone was covering something up.

The State Police have said they will pull it out in the spring, but no details of what they found or didn't find were released.

Robert

Thanks for the update.

Back
Top Bottom