Need Custom Suit Input

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive wire

Reaction score
Hi all. I had to hijack my son's login, since I can't seem to create my own. The website keeps associating the laptop with him, and I can't seem to firgure out how to create a second account.

Anyhow, I am trying to find a men's wetsuit, but am struggling, due to my measurements. I am short, but spend a lot of time at the gym, and so I have fairly muscular arms, in particular. My biggest problem is finding a wetsuit which doesn't restrict blood circulation around my upper arms, which is where I'm having my biggest issue with off the rack. The only off the racks that fit my arms, are size large, which are way oversized for the rest of my body, as you could imagine.

I am convinced that I will need to go custom, but am not sure of where to go to get it. I am looking for recommendations for where I should go for a custom, which will make a quality product, using good material. I live in Florida, and am looking for a 3MM full suit. Actually, if I find fair prices, I'll order a custom for myself, and one for my son also.

Thanks,
Ben

My wetwear suit is the best suit I have ever owned. The materials they use plus the fit is far superior to any. Their suits are made in the USA (a big plus these days) and the workmanship is excellent. The suits are also very reasonably priced. If you call them ask for Kristi or Connie, they are both very knowledgeable.

Thanks for the input. I'll most surely check out both of the recommendations, as well as any others which may post.
Once again, thanks, from a frustrated (from a fit perspective) diver.

Ben

I was going to say M&B wetsuits in Long Beach CA,
but they seem to be more for heavy cold water suits.
Since you're in FL and want a 3 mil, I'll second wetwear. I called them once upon a time and they seemed to be very helpful over the phone. But I didn't get a suit from them so I don't know about actual service. But people on this board seem to like them so I'd go for it.
The only thing I'd add is: If you can get a suit made from Rubatex G-231 that is the best stuff on the market. The thinnest might be 3/16" (around 4 mil) but I'm not sure. Ask them about that product. It's a little stiffer that the spongy stuff but is much more durable and has better crush resistance at depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom