need help..anyone else diving a Zeagle Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

local76sparky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all....I have only dove my new Tech twice but both times i have been unable to descend with out the help of a bouy line :idk:. I am diving the same weight i always use. nothing has changed but the bcd (meaning still in a wetsuit etc.). Has anyone ever had the problem of air getting trapped or have an idea of what might be happening? Once I get down I couldnt be any happier with the way that it has preformed but just cant figure out what is going on. Love the back inflate!!

Never had a problem with mine. Perhaps have your dive buddy behind you to check for trapped air.

1. You may be getting air trapped in the bottom of either side of the bladder as you go head down.
2. The new BC may be more buoyant than your old setup.

If you have rear dumps on both bottom sides of the bladder try dumping those if you are more head down. Mine only has one rear dump on one side so air can get trapped on the opposite side. It is more effective for me to be vertical venting and then orienting horizontal while pulling the inflator hose to dump. If I have to dump air at depth while horizontal, I dip my right shoulder slightly raise the left and pull the inflator hose. This motion puts the air bubble at the high point right near the outlet. You may need to recheck your buoyancy again too.

If you are too positive at the beginning, the bigger issue is on the end of the dive. Controlling ascent and holding safety stops since you are more positive due to air consumption.

Almost bought one yesterday.
Bit of a surface buoyancy descent difference, squeezing air out of a bc with your arms, and waiting for water to deflate that huge 65lb sack you now have on your back.
If you're ok at your stop, it may just be having to get used to it.
My system is to jump in deflated and harness gravity.

Hey all....I have only dove my new Tech twice but both times i have been unable to descend with out the help of a bouy line :idk:. I am diving the same weight i always use. nothing has changed but the bcd (meaning still in a wetsuit etc.). Has anyone ever had the problem of air getting trapped or have an idea of what might be happening? Once I get down I couldnt be any happier with the way that it has preformed but just cant figure out what is going on. Love the back inflate!!

Are you able to remain neutral on ascent?

have a look with your dump valves are. On my 360 donut 30 lbs bladder, the lower dump valve is resting againstnmy thigh which means that any air left in the bladder will be toward the surface hence away from the lower dump valve especially if you are heads down. Second point, on another threadon the Express tech, most folks recommended a crotch strap to prevent the lower part of the bladder from riding up...something to consider. I always dive mine now with a crotch strap

Thanks for the responses! At the end of my dive I am almost completely "neutrally bouyant". With an almost empty tank, a full breath, I float just below the surface, head submerged. I havent had any issues sitting at my safety stop either. Im fine at the beginning of the dive as well, as soon as i get down about 10 feet or so. the guys at the dive shop are telling me that i should be able to dive about 5lbs less than i am already using (currently using 28lbs), so I am thinking there is some air getting trapped. I weigh 175lbs at 6'. Body fat is in the single digits so I am told i should naturally sink. I havent tried descending head down and pulling the dumps. Kind of figured that was cheating as I thought I should sink easily if doing everything correctly (being "over weighted" too). Both dives have been with my crotch straps in use. Again thanks for the advice. I will have my buddy check me next time I dive. Just means I need to spend more time diving getting used to new gear. What a bummer. :D

My 911 has a giant wing as well. I descend head first and pull both bottom dumps to make sure I get all of the air out (same thing with my Ranger). Maybe it's a back inflate thing.

I don't have a tech but the ranger ltd. I dive almost always off a boat, and if I have any air at all, going down head first cause my dumps are on the bottom of the bc. But like someone else mentioned I like going in the water ready to go without any air in the bc heading straight down. Times a wast'n!

Back
Top Bottom