Need help Doug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ocgrant

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Doug,

My 10 year old son is getting ready to get certified in a couple of months. I need to start figuring out a gear set up for him and of course I want to go with Oceanic. So based on that what do you recommend for him.

Grant

Dont know if they still do it in the states, but the Explorer range is ideal for the kids.

The explorer bc has good lift and a crotch strap so that will keep him going for a couple of years.

Ooops sorry, just seen you wanted to talk to Doug...i'll butt out!

Diving Doc hit the nail on the head. We were the first major manufacturer to make a full line of kids equipment. We were a little a head of the game and numbers just did not justify us keeping it in stock. If you can find some somewhere the Explorers product line would be perfect. Everything from BC's, regs, gauges and all the soft goods. You might call around to some of the Oceanic retailers in your area or even search on line. There may be some Explorers equipment still out there. We closed it out about 2 years ago.

Regards,
Darryl

Hi ocgrant,

I am literally sitting at the airport getting ready to head to the UK. I've got some recommendations besides those already posted - if you can wait, let's talk late next week. I'm back in the office on Thursday morning.

BTW - I'm working on a DataMask demo down your way - get that Lambo warmed up for me :wink:

Doug, stay warm in the UK, I am going there myself in March, regarding my son's gear I definately want to hear your ideas when you get back. Look forward to hearing from you.

OC Grant

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom