Need political uprising updates/Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The large protest was yesterday, far smaller today, the government is responding preparing for Friday which will likely be it's biggest day before it all calms down.

Ive still seen nothing to convince me Egypt as a whole has the balls to see this thing through. It'll get very very messy with the clamp down but 3 months down the line it'll be business as usual.

Didn't I tell you; you don't know sh!t.

No offense, but you don't speak Arabic. The whole thing was organized several days ago. The big one was on Tuesday and it was peaceful, until the police interfered violently. The new strategy, is to form CONTINUOUS smaller sudden protests all over. That would work. The police now is tired and can't take control of anything, in addition to the fact that it is very difficult to move their heavy trucks all around every couple of hours. On the other hand, the protesters have organized three "shifts", 8 hours each; morning, evening and night.

Friday will be totally different. Concerning the balls thing, stay tuned.

Dear Asser, your analysis and fact speaking is completely true.

However I do not think your effort should be directed in arguing conclusions that are based solely on someone's opinion with no grounds to it, I think we need to just keep stating facts.
As you mentioned, no one knows how this will end and jumping to conclusions is nonsense.

Cairo is huge and so far things are confined in the areas you mentioned and the police is having hard time to confine them to these places and not to extend to other areas that's why other places are not affected but we still have friends and families in the middle of action (either protesting or living there) so we, for sure, know what is going on .... we need to stick to facts as this is the only way to show the truth of what is really happening.

Don't worry dear. I won't be side-tracked :)

They're all facts BTW. All from sources in direct communication with the guys in center of action. The new strategies are confirmed, the news about police status are confirmed and the shifts thing was confirmed in the early morning hours.

I'll be staying in Hilton Ramses in about 2 weeks... should I be trying to move to another area of Cairo? It's only for a few days to see the sights before coming to Hurghada.
I have not visited Cairo before, but been to Sharm and Hurghada a bunch of times.

Are there any restrictions to movement? We're doing a land transfer to Hurghada.

Ideally, this thread is most useful (to me) with factual updates of services and any interruptions to them rather than a political/historical discussion... perhaps another thread is best for that.

caught this on Huffington Post and thought it might help someone somewhere...
Get by govt censorship by using these IP addresses Twitter 128.242.24­­0.52 facebook 69.63.189.­­34 Google 72.14.204.­­99

Back
Top Bottom